Just back from Tokyo Disney Resort - any questions?

Wow, this wasn't my thread but there is some great info in here, so THANK YOU to all those who have contributed!

Credit cards once INSIDE the parks... yay or nay? I never, ever carry cash here in the states, so the thought of carrying several thousand yen around with me is a bit scary, but I know the bulk of my souvenir buying will be done inside the parks, so I am trying to figure out how much I need to plan on having.
Glad it's been useful to others :goodvibes

Everywhere we went in the parks took credit card - restaurants, shops, etc.
The only place I'd heard might not take them was the popcorn carts, we actually used cash for these but I think others have since confirmed they now do take cards...

The only place I'd heard might not take them was the popcorn carts, we actually used cash for these but I think others have since confirmed they now do take cards...

I just came back from TDR. And I was shocked they accepted credit cards even at small snack stands just to buy a bottle of water. Not even the US Parks take credit cards at small snack stands. So this was an awesome surprise!

Also to - we stayed at the Disney hotels and were able to buy park tickets with our credit card as well. I read online that some hotels only let you use cash.

Wow, this wasn't my thread but there is some great info in here, so THANK YOU to all those who have contributed!

Credit cards once INSIDE the parks... yay or nay? I never, ever carry cash here in the states, so the thought of carrying several thousand yen around with me is a bit scary, but I know the bulk of my souvenir buying will be done inside the parks, so I am trying to figure out how much I need to plan on having.
You can use credit cards at all shops and restaurants. Some of the popcorn carts take cards as well. However, the vending machines and games take cash only. The Monorail is cash only too. I think it is wise to have some cash on hand and you can also get cash from ATM’s that are located in hotels and in the park.

Also to - we stayed at the Disney hotels and were able to buy park tickets with our credit card as well. I read online that some hotels only let you use cash.

We stayed at Hilton Bay and they were cash only to buy tickets from them. Thankfully I knew that ahead of time and brought cash specifically to purchase those tickets.

I just came back from TDR. And I was shocked they accepted credit cards even at small snack stands just to buy a bottle of water. Not even the US Parks take credit cards at small snack stands. So this was an awesome surprise!

You can use credit cards at all shops and restaurants. Some of the popcorn carts take cards as well. However, the vending machines and games take cash only. The Monorail is cash only too. I think it is wise to have some cash on hand and you can also get cash from ATM’s that are located in hotels and in the park.

We stayed at Hilton Bay and they were cash only to buy tickets from them. Thankfully I knew that ahead of time and brought cash specifically to purchase those tickets.

This all makes me feel so much better! Yes we will have cash to buy tickets at the hotel (Hilton Tokyo Bay). Thank you!!!

I don't suppose Disney Gift Cards can be used at TDR? That would be too much to hope for, wouldn't it?

No one mentioned the Sheraton, so I’ll add that I stayed there. It’s on the monorail, like the Hilton. Well they do run a bus to the station, but it’s like one block so we usually walked :-). It was obviously a lot cheaper than the official TDR hotels, but being a partner hotel, it was very convenient. The rooms were very spacious.

3) Did you visit the Fish market (I believe they are renaming and moving it later this year) and or wait to see the Tuna auction?

I went to the tuna auction (this was a few years ago). You had to get there at like 4am and they only let a set number of people in (something like 40 people). The thing is that the metro doesn’t run at that hour, so you need to stay at a hotel within walking distance or (like we did haha), got to a nearby internet cafe at midnight and waited til it was time.

So it took some commitment to see it. It was definitely interesting, and I’m glad we did it. But I don’t think everyone will think it was worth the hassle and lost sleep.

I don't suppose Disney Gift Cards can be used at TDR? That would be too much to hope for, wouldn't it?

I don’t remember that being an option. Generally I would say no since TDR isn’t owned by Disney.

Do you need to provide a credit card when making Priority Seating Reservations for table service restaurants at DisneySeas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter