Just back from VB, SSR and VWL

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
We just got back yesterday evening. What an awesome trip.. We are not owners but after this trip we are seriously considering buying. What sealed the deal for us was VB. Anyway I don't really have time to recap everything but here are our pro's and con's of each of the places we stayed.

VB-Overall we really enjoyed our 4 days here. Very relaxing.
Pros:
-Absolutely the best cast members around. We have never experienced such friendly staff members anywhere. Even the guests seemed to be more friendly at this resort.
-Room was ready at check in (10:00am). We had 2 different rooms in the main building. Ours was oceanview and my mothers was gardenview. They really worked hard to get us close to each other at check in. Our rooms were on the 3rd floor.
-Pool-We loved the pool and resort activities. Plus we had NO problems getting a seat...
-Playground and Putt Putt-Huge hits with my boys.
-Waves-We love large waves... It was very sunny and windy on our trip so it was perfect for the beach. Only problem is we couldn't use the umbrella(chair swap) for most our stay.

Cons:
-Sit Down food options. We tried Shutters and we really didn't like it at all. Although we really enjoyed the food at the pool bar. This is more our style.. The grilled cheese was awesome.
-Beach-Was a little dirty due to tar? Does anyone know why so much tar? However that didn't stop us from enjoying the beach it just isn't the prettiest beach I have been on.

SSR: We have stayed here before and loved it. We decided to stay here for 3 nights before checking into VWL. We stayed in a 2 bedroom.

Pros:
-Absolutely beautiful resort. The landscaping has changed a lot since we stayed last year. It is a very relaxing resort.
-Food-We loved the food options. Artist Palatte had wonderful sandwiches. We didn't get to try the Turf Club.
-Pools-We love the main pool at SSR. It was crowded when we were there but had no problems getting a seat. We only swam 1 day.
-Room was ready at check in (11:00). It was a beautiful room.

Cons:
-We didn't get any of our requests. I know they are just requests but it was still disappointing. We were in Paddocks which wasn't bad but wasn't one our first 3 picks. We didn't let it get us down.

VWL: We stayed here for 5 nights. We have never stayed here and we were really looking forward to it. We had a 2 bedroom at this resort too.

Pros:
-We LOVED LOVED this resort. The more I stay in DVC resorts the more I love them.
-Room-Excellent view. It was ready at check in!(10:00) We had a view of Bay Lake and could see the parade at night.
-Location was excellent. We really enjoyed the boat rides and quick bus rides to MK.
-Buses-We never waited more than 10 minutes.
-Beach-We loved relaxing on the beach by the playground in the late afternoon. So relaxing and our kids would just play on the playground... So NICE..
-Pool-Loved it! Activities and all...
-Food-All the food here was excellent. This is just our families type of cuisine! Whispering Canyon was fun! Roaring Forks had excellent choices.
-Lobby-This really made me feel like I was at Disney.

Cons:
-Honestly I cannot think of any at this place! The only Con I can really think of is we were in the last room on the 5th floor so it was a long walk but so worth it for our view and privacy!
-Beds were hard on my back. I liked the beds at VB and SSR much more..

Overall we really didn't have many complaints at all on this trip. It was a very magical trip for us. We really enjoyed everything about DVC.... You are all so lucky to be part of a wonderful membership!

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer.

No questions, just wanted to say that it sounds like a great trip! You can also join the VWL lovers thread, and get your moose!

Bobbi:goodvibes

No questions from me either, just wanted to say thanks for sharing your thoughts.

We are so looking forward our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter