Just Back......January 26-27 2017, 2 days/4 parks

hdnwaters

NC Disney Fan
Wish our trip could have been longer. My husband was working the Surf show so my daughter and I did a tag along. We spent the 25th at US/IOA. Will not comment here. On the 26th (Thursday) we spent the entire day MK. The crowds were manageable, I think with the PGA show, the Surf show, and the upcoming pro-bowl, we did see an increase from the norm for this time a year. We got lucky with the weather. It was 80* by mid-afternoon. Our first FP+ was for 7DMT, when we arrived at our ride time, it was shut down! Our FP+ was wiped out. They did tell us, as long as we did not use another FP+ within our 7D FP+ hour, we could return anytime to the FP line. They were up and running within an hour or so and it was not a problem returning to use the FP+ line. We really enjoyed our lunch at BOG. This was our first trip inside. It's so pretty, loved the rose and the stained glass. Lunch was a bit pricey but expected for WDW. We had (4) FP+s for the day, (7D, Space Mt, Peter Pan, & Pirates) rode 11 rides that I can think of and never waited longer than 30 minutes for anything. We were in the park from 10am 'til about 6pm. We also took lots of photos with a Memory Maker share. This was my birthday week and wearing the birthday button was fun! When we left the park, the TTC monorail was not running, not sure what that was all about. The CM headed us to the ferry. She did say we could ride the resort monorail but tried to discourage us. The ferry ride was nice, pretty sunset and sitting down felt good. We were staying offsite and used Uber. FYI...it's easier getting Uber to pick you up at a resort or at Epcot. They don't like MK! It would have been faster to ride the resort monorail (you can walk to TTC from Poly) or taken a bus to any resort for a Uber pick up!

Friday the 27th was a Park Hop day. We started the day at DHS, I had FP+s for the Frozen Sing Along, which we let slide, Star Tours, and Tower of Terror. We visited with Chewbacca...and were on to AK without a hitch. While on the bus, I got an additional FP+ for Soarin for later in the afternoon. At AK we rode Everest (25 min wait) and Dinosaur (10 min wait) AK was very calm compared to all the Jedi hoopla DHS. The bus to Epcot was at AK on our way out....no wait and we were away! I guess with it being Friday and the Festival of the Arts, Epcot was pretty crowded. We headed to the World Showcase to check out the food. We tried the scallops. I found them to be bitter with too much roasted pepper. We also tried the mini-donut sandwiches, which were just okay. I did like the pomegranate mule at the same booth! Overall, I liked our Food & Wine visit food much better. Epcot didn't go as well as planned. Test Track was down for several hours, (we had a 7:30 dinner reservation and just could not wait it out) and there was not enough alcohol around for a 70 minute wait for Frozen Ever After. The living statues were kind of fun. Uber parks at Epcot and was there in a matter of minutes. Oh....and who knew there was a draw bridge in the World Showcase???? Not me 'til we had to wait on the resort boat to pass through!

One of the best things we did on the trip was lunch at Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We went there on Saturday. Loved the food! It's not cheap but good. Enjoyed touring the lodge, it's really beautiful. All the CMs were so nice and informative. No crowds and we felt very welcomed as a day visitor. I got great photos of all the amimals.

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages. Great condo style rooms, reasonable pricing. Dinners at Yard House, Capital Grille, and Bahama Breeze. (all Darden Restaurant Group, didn't know!) All good places to eat at varying costs. Good trip....will be glad to answer questions!

Last edited:
How were the crowds? I went at the end of January back in 2005 and the crowds were non-existent, it was amazing! We are going again at the end of January 2018.

Any other tips or tricks for SVV? We are staying in two BR in March along with our five year old :). We requested room by the private ship pool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!