Just back - Reviews: CM, H&V, Tony's, RFC, & more

KimWDW

Disney Obsessed!
Just back from 8 days in the world. Some reviews:

Hollywood & Vine Character Lunch - this was my favorite meal of the week. We had reservations on Monday for 11:45. The place was only about 20% filled so my son got lots of character interaction (June, Leo, JoJo, Goliath) and he loved getting up and dancing when they did their thing every 15 minutes or so. The buffet food was warm and tasty. I would definitely do this meal again.

Chef Mickey's Dinner - my son enjoyed this, but I was more impressed with H&V. It was just soooo packed and the characters each spent about 10 seconds with my son before they had to move on. The food was good, but it was so crowded. I enjoyed H&V more with our elbow room rather than being packed like sardines in CM. This, added with the extra transportation effort, means we'll probably skip CM's next time and maybe try the Crystal Palace instead.

Tony's Town Square - we went there for lunch yesterday and really enjoyed it. We shared garlic breadsticks with dipping sauce for an app. I had the baked ziti and my DH had an Italian panini sandwich and we both loved it. They do have the new kids menu. My son chose the spag & meatball and it comes with an ice cream. They put a lot of spaghetti on that plate! He barely made a dent in it. If you have two young children, you may want to consider having them share a meal even.

Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD - we LOVED this place. We ate there for dinner two nights. The first time I got the cheese quesadilla and it was so tasty. The second time I got the linguini with tomato, garlic, and basil--so tasty. DH got the bbq chicken quesadilla--yummy! My son got pizza both times and it was great, much better than Disney pizza.

Rainforest Cafe at AK - We had lunch here on Thursday. We had an ADR, but didn't need it. I don't think there was any wait. I had the Island Bruchetta. My DH had the veggie burger. My DS had pizza. We all loved it and the atmosphere can't be beat.

The rest of the time was counter service. The best of the bunch was the Columbia Harbor House in MK. I had the tuna sandwich. DS had the chicken nuggets. DH had fish. All very yummy! The worst of the bunch was the Pop Century food court for breakfast. The bacon was almost raw every morning. Yuck. But we kept eating there because it's convenient and gets us to the parks before opening. The Pain in the *** Award goes to Cosmic Ray's in MK for having three separate sections. My DH wanted a sandwich from Bay 3. My DS wanted chicken nuggets from Bay 1. And I wanted a veggie burger from Bay 2. I was not willing to wait in line 3 times, so DH got what he wanted and I got chicken from Bay 1 with my son. Why do they do it that way? What a pain.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Great reviews...I agree with you about Cosmic Rays being a pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter