• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back SSR, BWV, CBR

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
Hi-We just got home! We stayed the 1st night at SSR and the studio seemed smaller than the other resorts, or maybe it just appeared so because the furniture was larger. Can anyone confirm?

We then moved to BWV in a 2br and a studio for 11 of us. The last night the grandparents left leaving 4 of us in the 2br. I think that now I am going ot have to start upgrading from a 1 br to a 2br. We finally had a peaceful night when the 4 & 5 year old moved into their own bedroom. We are even more spoiled now :goodvibes!

Lastly, no flames please, we had a family member cancel and were unable to get a DVC room so we used points at CBR. I will never stay there again even on a cheap rate. Something about it just didn't do it for me.

We did decide to wait a few years to go back to WDW. It is time for a break. We might try HH or Vero or rent points and then go to Universal.

I bought the book Kingdom Keepers yesterday and am halfway through it. I'm reading it to the kids and they are enjoying it!

If anyone has any questions, let me know!

Have a good week!

Just curious. Which building were you in at SSR? What did you think of it (besides the room size).

We had points that we needed to use do to a cancellation and stayed at AKL last year. It was very nice staying there but I missed my DVC accommodations. Annmarie

I am not sure of the building number but it was room 51 something (maybe someone else will know). It was a doable walk to the feature pool. I thought that the halls were rather dirty, but I guess this is to be expected due to the outside entry or the rooms, lots of bugs on the doors and dirt in the halls. We will probably not stay there again unless it is a last minute trip and there isn't anything available elsewhere.

We did SSR, BWV & CBR last trip too! (And AKL ;) )

Thanks for your report!

I got Kingdom Keepers too!

Don't know if the studio at SSR is smaller. I think it may have more to do with the decor--dark furniture, etc. The studio we had had BCV was definitely smaller than the one at SSR.

Thanks for your report. Sorry you didn't like CBR. I personally love it but could see how it might not measure up if you are going from a deluxe to a moderate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter