• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked airport hotel and boy what a saving

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Just booked today the Gatwick Hilton for the night before we fly so that we can take advantage of Virgins night before check in - in the hopes that DH can get an exit seat, this is our 5th time to wdw and we haven;t manage this so far. The cheapest quote that I could get on the net was £183 with a possible surcharge for having 2 children in the room (2 adults and 2 children), but DH works for "Consignia" (the royal mail to you and me) and I phone a company advertised in his magazine and booked the same room with no surcharge for £105, I'm so proud of the saving that I made, all the more to spend out there.

Snookhams, does that include parking too (if so, how many days?)?

Is this deal purely available to Consignia employees (and their families) or can anyone get it?

Thanks,
Boo
(going through a DIS board posting frenzy right now - sorry :bounce: ).

Sorry no it doesn't include parking (DH doesn't drive and he felt it unfair to me to drive a long distance after a night flight) - a friend is taking us to the airport - yes I do believe that its only availabe to certain companies connected to the leisuretime group - sorry!

It was worth a try ;-).

Still, I can get a rate or £135 at the Hilton (including 15 days parking) or about £120 for the Meridian (including 15 days parking): so those aren't bad deals either.

Am still trying to decide between a "park and stay" deal or staying with my parents (in Hampshire) and using the Chauffeur Parking Service (meet and greet parking). Have used the later before - at both Heathrow and Gatwick - and they were a bit slow when meeting our returning flight (had to wait about 1/2 hour for the car to appear - could have collected our car in that time :-)). Still, got few months to decide... :-) (lots of time to look forward to our holiday - I love the "looking forward" and planning bits - must be the control freak in me ;-)).

Thanks again,
Boo

I've obviously paid way over the top for a family room and parking via my travel agent!!:mad:

But at least she got a rate £20 less than the Virgin brochure advertised.:)

Dimplenose,

Next time try http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/

They do hotel and parking, hotels, parking etc.etc.

For example, the date I want (26th July) they offer:
- Hilton (double room) + 8 days parking: £99.00
- Hilton (double room) + 15 days parking: £134.00

They offer Le Meridien at the same price (I can get this hotel cheaper through Thomas Cook: they charge about the same price, but I get a 10% discount because I am a Privelige Cardholder).

The website is very useful for holiday extras (have used them for parking a couple of times before).

Boo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter