Just got a phone call from WDW in relpy to my e mail

cheeringmom

<font color=teal>Out of the mouth of babes<br><fon
A CM at WDW called me in response to my e mail re: concerns about park hours etc. She apologized about no EE or E nights and said not sure when they will return. She also said the park hours will be posted on a week to week basis. We are going over Thanksgiving and that was a concern for me. She did say, however, that parades are on schedule and to look for a snowglobe parade??? I guess the reason I was called because in my subject I wrote that this was not a complaint just a suggestion about keeping the hours longer for crowded times like Thanksgiving. No guarentees!! Oh well. She did say that there have been a lot of complaints and the higher ups listen to the guests so keep those e mails coming if you want to be heard because apparently they are listeneing! She also mentioned that people are finding out about park closings etc before the CMs are! Interesting! Anyway, just thought I'd give a report on my conversation. pam

I sincerely hope that someone upstairs is listening to these complaints. Cost cutting measures sometimes need to be made, but this is ridiculous. And NOT letting CMs know about the changes is plain stupidity. I feel sorry for the people who answer the phones...we seem to know more than they do! Yikes!:eek:

Worse than not letting the CMs know what is going on is last Sunday several hundred people showed up at MGM for Early Entry and found it not to exist. I wonder if the buses were running? Did anyone let Disney Transport know?

The Snow Globe Parade is the 3:00 parade at MK. It was AWSOME (saw it today). I think
it was one of the best afternoon parades I've seen.

I'm down here now and I really don't notice many of the cuts yet. My hubby and family
went down on the Boardwalk last night and said it was very busy with CM's doing thier
little skits and all. He thought that the BW might have been hit with less of those but it hasn't.

I also got a phone call for an e-mail I sent. I questioned the rational of eliminating EE. I challenged them to give me a reason to vist DW instead of giving me a reasons to visit other vacation spots.

The gentleman I talked to was very interested in my opinions. And, like the above poster said, he promised to share this information with the "executive officers". Also, he told me nothing is written in stone at DW and they do listen to their customers.

Again, keep you e-mails and faxes going. They need to know what we want.

I too received a phone call in response to my email about eliminating early entry. The CM was very nice and started reading what sounded like a scripted spiel about it all. I stopped her when she started telling me all about how great the character caravan was...I said it was absolutely no benefit to me since my youngest was terrified of the characters being too close. They are great from a distance and from a distance she likes them, but they better not be too close. She didn't have a response to that. We did talk for a few minutes after that and she said they were getting lots of negative feedback on this decision and that yes, the CMs were kept in the dark so to speak about the decision until it happened. She said they are reviewing the decisions based on the feedback received. We'll see .... I am not placing bets on anything at this point, but you can't get anything changed, if people don't keep providing their opinions/feedback.

To those people who received phone calls in response to their emails, Bravo for your responses to the "canned" replied CMs tried to give. Keep up the good work all. Letting our voices be heard can only help. (Or so I hope)

... for making suggestions/complaints/commments re the recent changes at WDW:

WDW.Guest.Communications@disney.com

I wrote them a week ago and just received a follow-up e-mail this morning requesting my telephone number so that the CM could discuss my comments re the cutbacks.

I'm expecting a call today from a CM...he tried to call last week...but my 6yo accidentally hung up on him. When he called again we were out and he left a message. It will be interesting to see what he has to say. I'll be pretty upset if I get some kind of canned response....if they're just going to do that, just send it in an email. But this guy did say he was from the "executive offices" whatever that means...so hopefully it will be an interesting conversation.

BTW, it was rather funny to get a phone call as I never gave my number! They must have looked it up in my Disney file!

I'm interested to see what the Exec. has to say. I just received a polite call from a CM. I, too, never gave my phone #. At least they are on the ball!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter