Just got back from BCV...

kmermaid

DIS Veteran
This was our first stay as owners. Loved BCVs, arrived on the 12th and stayed on AP discount at BC. Wasn't expecting much since it was standard. but this room was great, can't remember the # but it overlooked the end of SAB with the windmill a little to the right. It had a narrow but full size balcony. And the best part was it was right near a set of stairs which took you down to between the Ariel's resturant and Cape May Cafe. You were literally at the the pool in 3 minutes.

So the next morning I was at the desk to check in around 6am because we had an ADR for CP for Mother's Day. I couldn't sleep anyway. So Michelle got me our 2bdr lockoff, 4thf pool room. I was very excited. The room wasn't ready until around 4:45. Had to rush around because we had dinner at PT. I was looking around the rooms and realized that both rooms were HC. Our king size bed was very low to the floor and the shower had the seats in them. It was not a big deal, though I think its odd for a HC room to be on the 4th floor with 2 balconies that were sooo small you couldn't get out there with the small table and 2 chairs that was out there. I don't know how a wheelchair could fit. The king bed was not very comfortable, we both woke up with neck aches every morning. I will say the room was very close to the elevator which was great! Loved the marketplace for mornings runs with the new mugs. Wish we could go in May every year, crowds were very low and now I am spoiled with the great weather. If you have any questions just ask!

It was a big deal, though I think its odd for a HC room to be on the 4th floor with 2 balconies that were sooo small you couldn't get out there with the small table and 2 chairs that was out there. I don't know how a wheelchair could fit.
there can be handicapped rooms on any floor.
When we stayed at BCVs in a non-accessible room, we noticed the balcony was just barely big enough to fit the small table and 2 chairs. When the person in the chair farthest from the door wanted to get inside, the person in the closer chair had to move to let them by. And we are not big people.
If your balcony was any larger than that, it was probably considered wheelchair accessible.
What is considered wheelchair accessible and where a real wheelchair will actually fit are often 2 different things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter