Just in case I did this wrong the first time: Homework survey take 2...

Rajah

DIS Veteran
I was re-reading the assignment a moment ago and found an inconsistancy. One part of the assignment tells us to interview 5+ people to find what they find most annoying about websites. (in general) I did that, as y'all will recall.

But re-reading the second part of the assignment, it says to compile a top-10 list to generate guidelines for web *graphics*, based on your interview results. :confused:

So, just in case I did the first interview wrong (was too generic), may I call on y'alls help once more?

For those who have opinions on web <b>graphics</b> instead of <b>pages</b> in general, please post your top <b>ten</b> irritants regarding graphics.

(this would be things like animated graphics where animation isn't needed, non-optimized graphics, too big, etc...)

I need at least 5 people to answer with *10* items, even if your choices have already been posted.

Thanks so much! If I'm going to put together the results of this other list before class, I need to get crackin'!

1.) Graphics that flash off and on
2.) Graphics that move very choppy like
3.) Graphics that slow down the loading time of the page

ACK! I can't think of anymore. I'll have to see what others answer. :)

I know, it's hard to come up with 10 items specifically related to *graphics*, isn't it?

I'm really wondering if the prof has some miswording in the second half of the assignment. I've emailed her to ask, but since class is tonight and she may not answer until the time I leave for class, I wanted to get a foot in the door on the assignment "take two" just in case.

1. Graphics that flash
2. Most animated graphics are annoying (save the still pictures that slowly change from one to the next)
3. Graphics that are enormous in size and take up more than 1/4 of the screen
4. Graphics that no longer work (in short the big red Xs)
5. Ones that are so large inbyte size that they take forever to load.
6. Graphics that are so tiny they are hard to tell what they are
7. Similar to above, graphics that are compressed so much that they are grainy
8. very brightly colored graphics
9. Graphics that just detract from everything else on the site are annoying
10. Graphics that are used to follow your mouse as you move the mouse around.

(I know some are very similar but that was hard!!)

Thanks, Elaine!! You thought of a few that I hadn't. My coworker and I are having a hard time coming up with a real list of 10, and we *work* in web design.

Okay, Prof answered my email and said my first results were just fine, just to bring them to class and the second half would all make sense once I get to class. :)

Of course, if anyone still *wants* to post a top 10 peeve list of web graphics, all the better. :teeth: ;)

Thanks all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter