Just off Fantasy *June 9-16

I really missed not being in the WDT each night and felt that I'd lost a significant value of my cruise... :(

I have not yet experienced this new shortchanging of live stage shows on DCL, but we have a Sept. Fantasy cruise and I will definitely be politely complaining if they short change us. I have always loved the routine of going to the show and then to dinner. (yes, we choose 2nd seating. :D )

Insulting was the exact word that came to my mind! The fact that there aren't enough seats in the smaller venues for everyone to see the variety acts should tell Disney to put them back in the WDT where they belong! Watching on a screen from another area is unacceptable with paying the Disney premium for live entertainment! I was on Feb Wonder cruise when they were experimenting with duplicate shows like this and I really missed being able to see the variety acts in the WDT. I really missed not being in the WDT each night and felt that I'd lost a significant value of my cruise... :(

We just had a similar experience on the Dream. The poor magician had to do a lot of acts kneeling on the floor because the venue was too small with too short ceilings. It was still a good act but we felt we lost real value on this cruise.

It’s funny how differently people see things. My DH isn’t at all bothered by the shows but is bothered by the switch to paper straws....I couldn’t care less about the straws. He does have me rethinking the shows though, assuming we can find other things to do on the nights that have repeat shows. I wish on the night when they show the one main show, that they would put the variety acts in the main theater instead of the small theater.

Insulting was the exact word that came to my mind! The fact that there aren't enough seats in the smaller venues for everyone to see the variety acts should tell Disney to put them back in the WDT where they belong! Watching on a screen from another area is unacceptable with paying the Disney premium for live entertainment! I was on Feb Wonder cruise when they were experimenting with duplicate shows like this and I really missed being able to see the variety acts in the WDT. I really missed not being in the WDT each night and felt that I'd lost a significant value of my cruise... :(

I really don’t understand why they are doing this. I wonder what the rationale was; I never noticed there being a problem with everyone not being able to see the main shows. It seems very inefficient to put the other performances in the smaller venues. If it’s still like that in November I’m definitely going to leave more immediate feedback at guest services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter