Just Read Some Reviews about Waimea Waterfall...

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Think that we will "pass" on Waimea Waterfall, although the scenery is probably BEAUTIFUL and the flowers along the way seem AWESOME!

Read that there are signs posted in the water by the waterfall that there are bacteria in the water and could be "subject" to disease...
Think we will pass...Want to stay HEALTHY both on vaca and when we return!
EEK!!!!:mad::scared1::scared1:
Think I will save the $60(15 pp) and spend it elsewhere!

We went yesterday and thought it was a nice walk. The waterfall's not HUGE, but it's pretty. I read the bacteria warning after watching the people swimming and wondered if they'd read it. If you had no open cuts, you'd probably be fine, but I totally feel you. It was still a nice trip even though we never had any plans on swimming there. It's not going to make or break your vacation either way.

Is it really different then any other water? I'd say that some insurance or some lawyer said it would be good to put up.

I think $15 is the correct admission price for 13-adult. $7.50 for 4-12. We have found 2 for 1 coupons twice. I believe in one of the local tourist/tour magazines. Didn't see the coupon last visit, but I am not sure if we found the magazine that had them.

We have been three time when DD13 was 11, 12 and 13. She and her friend really enjoyed the walk and checking out all of the plants. I found the tropical plant variety to be pretty interesting and much to DW chagrin I am not a "plant" person. If that interests you it might be worth a visit w/o swimming in the falls. DD13 didn't swim on one visit and it didn't seem that anyone enjoyed it less. DD13 insists we go to Waimea Bay across the street after going. Last Thanksgiving week the waves were crazy and they weren't letting non-seasoned wave swimmers in the water. We have not had that problem on our other 4 visits, but the waves close to the beach tend to be amplified because of the slopes near the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter