Just returned from Tropical Palms

Jane E.

DIS Veteran
I want to thank C.Ann and the others that recommended Tropical Palms. We have two teens and by having separate rooms we had a much more peaceful minivacation this time. Tropical Palms has recreational manufactured cottages. They are small, but had everything we needed. Originally, we reserved a studio, but upon arrival we asked to see a two bedroom - from what I understand the large studio and two bedroom are the same size, but the two bedroom has walls dividing the cottage into separate rooms. The price difference was only $10 a night so we decided to go with the two bedroom. I believe that the cottages are only 12 feet wide. The two bedrooms at either end of the cottage leave enough room to walk around the bed and thats it. The livingroom kitchen area is open with a loft overlooking it. I also liked the fact that my sons could play basketball & go for walks in the evenings when we got finished at the parks. There was a pool, but we never used it. Tropical Palms was quiet - not even close to capacity. The workers were courteous and friendly. They have a breakfast for $2.99 - so we ate there every morning before hitting the parks. In our welcome packet we received a coupon for a free breakfast which we used the first morning. Our cottage was clean & neat. I also enjoyed having a private deck with a picnic table just outside our cottage.

I'm SOOOO glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Tropical Palms! After going on and on about it the way I did I was so afraid that you might not like it because obviously everyones standards aren't the same..

I was really spoiled by that place.. Every year we go to Maine and we rent a cottage there as well and it just feels so much more homey and cozy - so relaxing after a busy day.. The decks are definitely a plus..

I'm planning on going back to Orlando in Dec. of '02 or Jan. of '03 and I'm really undecided what I should do.. I WANT to go back to Tropical Palms - I just LOVE it - but I'm thinking of making this a 3-week trip and I'll be footing the entire bill myself so I may have to bite the bullet and go with an inexpensive hotel room.. Whaaaaa.. :(

Did you have a chance to go to Old Town? I thought it was a neat little area to stroll around in late in the evening..

Most importantly, would you go back to Tropical Palms again?

Hope you had an awesome trip!!!! :)

C.Ann

Hi C.Ann! Yes, we would definately use it again. What I liked is that is felt so relaxing when we got home. The hustle and bustle of the parks was gone. It was also nice that there were so many stores close by. One night we ordered a pizza. Another night we got subs. We've been going to Old Town for about 9 years (I never realized that there was an RV park behind it). My older son got some hard to find Star Trek stuff there, and I bought an I Love Lucy picture. Of course, I love watching the people doing the Sky Coaster. I wanted to go back Saturday night and just sit and watch that but dh was too tired. My bil is running in Disney's marathon this year, so I'm going to recommend it to him if he hasn't reserved a room somewhere else yet. Thanks for your review. The way our sons fight we definately need more space than just a regular room. It was nice for them to each have their own space this time.

I too am glad to hear the good reviews. We are leaving next Tues and staying at the Tropical Palms for 11 nights. I knew that everything "sounded" great, but until you get an eyewitness, it's hard to know for sure.

Did they provide a coffee pot in your cabin? Are the cabins located very close together? Was there a washateria on-site, or close by? Thanks

Yes - there is a coffeemaker - as well as a toaster, microwave, full size stove, fridge, dishwasher, etc..

Not sure what you mean by a "washateria" though?? Do you mean a laundramat? If so, yes there is one on site and it's very clean..

The cottages are close - but not on top of each other.. Try to imagine a great big wagon wheel - with the center of it being a big palm tree.. The cottages would be off to the end of each spoke of the wheel - 5 to each section..

I really LOVED it there - hope you do to.. Drop back and let us know - okay?

Have a great time!!! :)

Sure is! There's an alarm clock in each of the bedrooms..

Anything else I can help you with?

Please let us know how you enjoy your stay there and have a SUPER trip!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter