• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just returned from VB-Resort was celebrating 10 years.

floridafam

DIS Veteran
We just returned from VB. We were having some work done on our house so we thought we'd take a mini vacation this weekend.

We packed up the car and prepared for the long journey ahead. After 5 minutes of driving, we arrived at the resort. :teeth:

When we checked in, we were given 10 year anniversary pins. The resort was 10 years old on Oct. 1. We were informed that there was a special activity out by the pool. Mickey and Minnie Mouse had come from Orlando for the Anniversary celebration. :banana: They also had a large cake for everyone.

We paid cash for this stay. Nothing was available through MS. :confused3 The CM at the front desk said they had many rooms available. I wish there was some way to get these rooms using points rather than letting them sit empty.

We had great meals at Shutters and the kids did some fun activities. DS and DD tried the new Seaside Chefs program. They were the only 2 in the class where they decorated an apron and chef's hat and then made worms and dirt. It was fun.

We also did archery this morning.

The room was clean. We rented a studio but were put in a garden view inn room which was fine with me. We wanted something in the main building and a second bed instead of a couch.

I only have one complaint about Vero. The number of people sitting by the pool smoking cigars, pipes and cigarettes. I'm willing to bet that about 80% of the people who visit the resort are families with young children. I think it's completely disgusting to expose children to this. I really wish there was a no smoking policy by the pool.

Another great trip to Vero. :flower:

floridafam said:
.We packed up the car and prepared for the long journey ahead. After 5 minutes of driving, we arrived at the resort. :teeth

:rotfl:

Glad you had a nice mini vacation!!

My DW, 13 year old DS and I were there as well. We were at VB a couple of weeks ago and cast members hinted that we should come back for the celebration. We too had a good time. It was nice seeing Mickey and Minnie and the brass from Orlando. The resort is really looking great after the hurricanes from last year. I am surprised about the trouble of booking with points. When we called two weeks ago, we were told there was ample point availability. We were in an OV Inn room. Can't say I saw too much smoking around the pool since we were seldom there. Did do one trip down the slide though after spending some time in the Ocean

Can't wait to get back to VB. We will be there Veterans Weekend and again over Thanksgiving.

The kids were delighted to see Mickey and Minnie.

I agree, the resort is looking good! They were doing some painting in the hallways while we were there and the roof work that has been going on for a while.

I'm not trying to harp on the smoking. DS has asthma so I think it just gets to me a little more than the average person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter