Just started chemo, Is Disney do-able for a long weekend?

dianelevene

Earning My Ears
I just started chemo and we already had an early December trip planned to Disney. It will work around my chemo schedule but has anybody else done this? How were you able to handle it? Did Disney offer anything special to make things easier? My in-law have offered to come and help out with the kids in case I need to rest so I am figuring that it should go pretty well. I just want some other opinions. Thanks for any info you can give me.:earsgirl: ::MinnieMo

I have gone after a chemo rx. I didn't have any children with me. The important thing is to talk with you medical people about risk of infection post chemo as well as how to handle the fatigue that often comes with chemo. I paced myself, made sure that I was hydrated and well rested. I think it is great if you can get help with the kids, then you won't overdo to make sure they have a good time. A GAC might be helpful if you need to wait away from the line. Because my trip was in the critical low blood count phase post chem my MD gave me a prescription for antibiotics to fill if I developed symptoms of infection. I was to call them first . I didn't ask anything of Disney. I use an ECV so I didn't need a GAC. Happily, the trip went without problems.
Hope you havae a great trip and PD for your recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter