Just The Two Of Us - Trip Report - FINALLY FINISHED 28.08.2012

:lmao:I'm finally getting round to finishing this! Can't believe what a busy month I've had.. including moving house, planning a wedding, birthdays etc...

So where did we leave off? Oh yes...

Sunday 10th June - Our last day!

After another late night, we both woke up quite late around 9am. I packed our suitcase (well 'packed' more like through stuff in a case) and headed down to the luggage room to drop them off for the Disney Express Service.

As we were walking back through the hotel we spotted Ranger Minnie, so queued up to meet her:

DSC04383.jpg

She was pointing to herself on Olivia's pins and blowing Olivia big kisses, was a really nice meet n greet :cheer2:

We then headed over to the Studios, it was pretty busy but we headed straight for Slinky Dog, the queue was about 30 mins.. which I wouldn't normally mind but as it's a ride time of less than a minute it's not really worth it in my opinion.. but nevertheless, Olivia wanted to go on so we did!

We had planned to do the studio Tram Tour, but the queue for this was over 45 minutes so instead we decided to queue for Buzz. Whilst in the queue I got chatting to a lovely English man who had brought his son over on his own. His little boy and Olivia were the same age, so they kept themselves entertained in the queue! :thumbsup2 - I did tell him about the Disboards, but haven't seen him on here yet! He doesn't know what he's missing! :lmao:

Before long, Olivia had her photo taken with Buzz:

DSC04386.jpg

He was then beckoning for me to come and have a photo with him, too - but I politely declined!

After meeting buzz it was already 11.30am (where did all that time go!) so we had to start making our way out of the studio into the main park for our Auberge reservation.

On the way out Olivia spent some of her spending money on a new Princess Aurora crown, so her princess meeting outfit was complete!

DSC04388.jpg

We got to Auberge on time and were immediately seated, despite all my trips to DLP this was my very first trip to the Auberge and I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Although, my starter was pretty rancid to be honest! It was cold mediteranian veg.. but it was all kind of pickled and slimy! :crazy2:

I had the veal for my main and this was cooked to perfection, really enjoyed this.

The pudding was nice, too - but a bit too rich if anything.

Now onto the main reason we went there, to see the princesses!! :thumbsup2

The first Princess we saw was Belle:

DSC04389.jpg

She was nice, but Olivia remarked that Belle didn't look as pretty as she looks in the film :blush: Luckily, Belle was out of earshot by then! :lmao:

Next up was Aurora and her Prince, she was so lovely - commented on Olivia's dress and said it was nice to see someone dressing as her as there are normally lots of snow white's and cinderella's but no Auroras! :lmao:

Olivia was very excited to see that Aurora was in her blue dress, as her favourite part of the film is where the fairy's are chaning the dress from blue to pink!

DSC04392.jpg

DSC04394.jpg

Aurora spent a good five minutes with Olivia just chatting and hugging, it made every penny spent on that meal worth it!

After such a nice experience with Aurora, I wasn't sure anything could top it.. but I was wrong!

Next up was Cinderella, she was absolutely amazing! :thumbsup2 She came over first and had a quick chat with Olivia but then had to go off and do the dancing but promised that she'd be back. Sure to her word, as soon as the dancing finished, she came straight back and pulled up a chair and sat with Olivia for what seemed like forever!

She was asking Olivia all about what she liked about the Cinderella story but all Olivia wanted to do was tell her that she'd just eating her face (the chocolate lolly).

DSC04399.jpg

We also met the mice, Olivia wasn't too excited about them.. she just wanted the princesses! :guilty:

DSC04398.jpg

To be continued... hopefully will get this finished tonight! :cheer2:

We also met that belle in the pavillion when I posted a picture on Facebook I had many comments about belle! I hadn't even noticed TBH was just excited about seeing a princess after waiting over an hour lol!!!

Phew, some of you put me completely to shame with getting your trip reports done so quickly! I'm only just finishing mine nearly 3 months later! :rotfl2:

After our lovely lunch at the Auberge we headed into Fantasyland; Olivia was desperate to do Alice's Labyrinth as the queues had just been too big every other day! Luckily, this time there was no queue this time! :cool1:

So, off we went! I was really impressed with the renovation work on this attraction. Everything worked as intended and it all looked fresh and clean!

DSC04402.jpg

DSC04404.jpg

DSC04405.jpg

DSC04406.jpg

DSC04408.jpg

As it wasn't that busy in there, it was nice to be able to walk around at our own place and get 'lost' in the maze. Olivia really enjoyed it and so did I!

After that, we had another go on Peter Pan & POTC before making our final exit from the park. On our way out, we just caught the end of the Character train and reluctantly joined the scrums!

DSC04409.jpg

DSC04412.jpg

DSC04413.jpg

By far, the worst scrum we encountered on this trip was to meet Clarice. There was one woman who I'd say was early 40s being pushed to the front by her elderly mother! She tried to push between Olivia and I, but she hadn't envisaged coming across my pointy elbows! :rotfl: I stood my ground and kept Olivia close and soon she gave up and walked away! :cheer2: We seemed to wait an age until Clarice chose Olivia, but it was worth it!

Just as we were about to head out of main street we saw that Winnie was still out - so being the soft touch that I am, I said we had just enough time to meet him before we HAD to leave!

DSC04410.jpg

DSC04411.jpg

By now it was about 15.30 and we had planned to head to the DLH for the magical moments.. that was until I realised it was on at 5pm and not 4pm as I had thought. :sad2: So instead, we walked to Disney Village and had a look around the shops until about 17:00, when it was then time to board the train.

Having had a nightmare checking in on our March trip, I was determined to get there early and get it out of the way and this couldn't have worked out better. We were all checked in by 17:15 and the train was already in the station so we could just find our seats, relax and wait for it to leave! :hourglass

The journey home was very uneventful and we were greeted at St. Pancras by my wonderful Husband-to-be and my Mum. The perfect end to a wonderful trip!

Roll on Disneyland Hotel March 2013!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter