Just waved my 11 yo off on his first school trip

Silver

Mouseketeer
Hi all

Just waved Michael (11) off on his first school trip to Wales. He will only be away until Friday but I am missing him already.

It was awful packing his suitcase yesterday and waving to the coach this morning.

Any chance of some hugs and pixie dust?

Julie

......... a big {{{HUG}}} to you Julie :)
I remember the feeling well, but he'll probably have such a great time with all his classmates! My younger son went to the Isle Of Wight for his first school trip away and he still talks about it, he had such a wonderful time.
....... another hug and a cyber cup of tea or coffee, whichever you prefer :)

Hi Julie :wave:

DD Sam went away on her first school trip last year, to Ironbridge, so not too far away! She is a real 'home bird' but did enjoy the weekend very much, but she was very happy to get home to her Mum and I think she appreciated the comforts of home more afterwards!

I'm sure Michael will be fine, it will be good experience for him, do they allow phone calls home? DD Sam wasn't allowed as they felt it wasn't a good idea, what about your school?

Owwwww - I do remember so well how I felt when James went on his first trip away from home with the school.

It was for 4 days on the Norfolk Broads - he was 8 if I recall correctly.

He had a whale of a time - so much so, that when he came home, all the crisps, chocolate biscuits and goodies I packed for him had gone, but all the clean clothes were still neatly folded untouched in the bag. When questioned he replied: Mum, I didnt have time to worry about getting washed and changed! :)

Needless to say, the socks, underpants, t shirt and jogging suit were all scraped off him and dumped! LOL

He still remembers this trip now and cringes when reminded :)

PD and Hugs to you Julie - he will probably have the time of his life! :)

Any more coffee in that pot Shirley?

Julie,

Letting go sure is hard sometimes:(
But for the experience of a child having some independance it's invaluable I think:)

How nice to have an opportunity to miss each other,so you can appreciate it when he's back:D

Hope the days fly by:p

Thanks everyone.

He is probably on his 4th bag of sweets and 6th bag of crisps by now and not giving me a thought !!!!

LOL Janice about the clean clothes and all the goodies eaten. He has had instructions in which clothes to wear for which activity but I know now he won't take a blind bit of notice.

Our school also don't allow phone calls home, I think in case the children get homesick. They have been asked to take a stamped addressed postcard to send when they get there so that will be nice.

I know he will have a whale of a time but isn't it hard to let go ????

Cup of tea called for I think - anyone want a jam and cream scone to go with it ?

Julie,

You have my utmost sympathy. My oldest DD who is 8 hasn't been on an away school trip yet but her nan took her and her baby sister to Norfolk to visit relatives for a week last summer and that was bad enough even with a phone call every evening! I dread the school trip but know it has to happen.

Tea and a scone would be nice but hold the jam (I'm on a diet LOL)!

Annmarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter