Kayak/canoe rental or horseriding at WL

sam_rogers

painting with all the colours of the wind
As the title suggests, has anyone rented kayaks/canoes at the wilderness resort before? Is it a good area to go out for a paddle in?
And also any feedback on horseriding from the resort?
Dh and I will have a few non park days so just trying to find some options of things to do. We're not very good at sitting still and relaxing :rotfl:

We have done them both and enjoyed it. It is a nice ride down the canal. Be sure to wear dark pants and closed toe shoes when horseback riding. Enjoy your downtime!

Agree both can be fun.

Your title says "WL" which refers to Wilderness Lodge which is a different resort that does not have the canoe or horseback riding. Just wanted to be sure you knew that those options were at Fort Wilderness.

Agree both can be fun.

Your title says "WL" which refers to Wilderness Lodge which is a different resort that does not have the canoe or horseback riding. Just wanted to be sure you knew that those options were at Fort Wilderness.
Thank you, I knew I'd end up writing the wrong one!! I've never visited either of these resorts which I think is why I confused myself :rotfl:

Sam right now all the canals within the Fort are closed for Canoes and Kayaks because the water levels are very low. Not sure when they will open back up.

Sam right now all the canals within the Fort are closed for Canoes and Kayaks because the water levels are very low. Not sure when they will open back up.
We're not going until September but thanks for letting me know, I'll definitely double check before we go over there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!