• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kevin...shame on you!

norestneeded

Earning My Ears
When you told us that Shades of Green had a Maggiano's, I was excited because Boston has one of these which my family loves. I immediately checked the Shades of Green site and it turns out the name of their restaurant is Mangino's. Also Italian but definitely not the same. I'll probably check it out anyway but your a tease.

There is a Maggiano's on International Drive at Pointe Orlando?

Am I forgiven?

Maggiano's Gnocchi with the Tomato Vodka Sauce. OMG! I just love it!

Why did I click on this thread!! :faint:

You won't have to season it, salt it, or cheese it. It's to die for!

The Maggiano's on I-Drive (International Drive) at Pointe Orlando is across from the Orange County Convention Center.

The one time I was there was during a large convention and it was deafeningly loud and incredibly crowded.

The waiter was actually screaming to be heard.

We had a great appetizer but the entrees were not memorable.

I have never said anything about it as I didnt think that that one visit was a fair assessment of the food, atmosphere or experience.

We will give it another try and hope for better circumstances.

Kevin

At the one in Boston, we do the family style. It is right around $25 per person (4 ppl minimum) and you get to choose 2 apps, 2 salads, 2 pasta dishes, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts. It is all you can eat and the best part is you can take home the leftovers. My family of four ate for days off of what was left.

hmmmm......Maybe we will go this weekend!;)

We have a Maggiano's here and hearing Kevin talk about the restaurant at SOG got me seriously craving it. It's been a while since we've been. The first time DH and I went, we made the mistake of doing the family style. The waiter said they'd scale down the portion sizes since it was just the two of us. Hah! They brought us SO dang much food. We ended up wasting a lot of it because we were going to a movie afterwards and it was 90 degrees out and we weren't close to home. We would've had leftovers to last us a week if we'd been able to take it with us.

I also thought "Oh boy!! There's a Maggiano's!" You'd think hanging around with a nice Italian boy would have taught him the difference between 'ngino' and 'ggiano.' ;)

My DS is having his wedding reception at the Maggiano's in Charlotte. :cool1:

Mangino...Maggiano...Magi...Mangiani

Jeez

Maggiano's is a bit more upscale and has an a la carte menu.

But I didnt care for Buca di Beppo either.

Maggiano's is good, but overrated in my book. It is deafening, but our restaurant is located in a popular DC shopping mall.

Mangino...Maggiano...Magi...Mangiani

Jeez

Maggiano's is a bit more upscale and has an a la carte menu.

But I didnt care for Buca di Beppo either.

I'm not a big fan of buca either...I'd just as soon eat at Carrabbas...

Is Maggiano's similar to a Buca Di Beppo(if anyone's been to one of those)?

:thumbsup2 Yes, it is! When I lived in Chatsworth we used to go to the Buca up on Ventura Blvd. Iv'e been there twice and to Maggiano's twice and to me the food is a little more original and authentic tasting at Buca's plus I felt like you were in a family owned and runned restaurant than a chain, just by the way it was designed and the way the waiters/waitresses served you.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love Maggiano's also!!!:love:

Interesting thread...

Never heard of the Magg??? but we have a Bucca it is ok.

I have not had some really good Italian in a long time any recomendations? You guys are making me hungry! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter