Key West - Excursions

M

momofofo22

Did somebody try the "Key West Catamaran Sail and Snorkel Tour" offer by Disney ?

Is it worth the price ? Is the snorkeling good ?

Should we just go and stroll around Mallory Square and forget the excursions ?

We are four : DH, me and my 2 DD's (15 and 13).

Thanks for the help.

We've done the Fury Catamaran snorkeling tour on Key West. Is this the one you're thinking of? We liked it a lot. The catamaran takes you about 7 miles out to sea to a reef which has national park designation. When we were there, the snorkeling was very good. Warm water, plenty of color. The crew was great with helping out the kids who were just learning to snorkel.

They serve free soda, beer and wine for the return trip (you can't have alcohol until you're finished snorkeling).

I think we paid $40 or so for this. I thought it was worth it.

Hi Senor Ferrari,

The Fury Catamaran is in Cozumel. There is one too in Key West. Is it the one in Key West that you did ?

Yes, it was in Key West. When we booked this, it was during an unscheduled stop at Key West (we were re-routed due to a hurricane during the eastern), so I don't know if they offer it as part of the standard western route excursions. The two times we stopped at Key West as part of the western itinerary, we just wandered the port on our own, and didn't book any excursions.

We did that excursion last year and the kids had a blast. It was nice for them to have something to do right at the start of the trip that involved snorkeling. We opted out for our July 5 trip just because we want a chance to tour Key West (doing the conch this time and then renting some seadoos). Even if you do the snorkeling, you'll still have time to venture around Mallory Square. It was a well-run trip; very organized.

Thank you all for your help.

I will ask to all the member of the family what they prefer to do : catamaran or just visit Key West and some shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter