kids shoes for dinner & shows

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
The other post regarding kids footwear got me thinking of this. When we dress up for dinner and shows is it okay for the kids to wear sneakers? I bought shoes for my DS communion and that was the only time he ever wore them! Of course they are outgrown. Do I need to buy another pair of shoes for him just to wear once or twice?

Sounds like you have a 'sneakers only' kid!!:) . Would he be willing to wear those suede type 'skater' shoes- 'Vans' is one brand that comes to mind. They are not dressy by no means, but would still look nice with formal attire. My son DID wear his CLEAN (actually NEW) sneakers to some of the casual nights.

Also, if the issue is spending a lot of money on shoes he'll only wear twice, check your local Wal-mart. They have quite a selection of kids' shoes in various styles at pretty low prices. You won't have to worry about the "quality" so much if you don't think he'll be wearing them often.

good luck,
Julie

My DS 3 loves his tennis shoes, especially the ones he wore for our March 2001 cruise. They had stitching on them that looked like a baseball. Even though I brought brown casual shoes for him, I ended up letting him wear his tennis shoes every night, even formal nights. I did take a washcloth to them every night to make sure they looked presentable. On our Sept 2001 cruise, I didn't even bother with the casual shoes. Their only kids and unless you can find something on clearance that's really cheap, I wouldn't bother spending the money. Maybe you could invest in a new pair of tennis shoes for the cruise and tell him to keep them clean until you get back home. Look at it this way, 10 years from now, is it really going to matter what kind of shoes he wore???

Tay N Evie's Mom...

Reminds me of the poem my big boy (30) gave me called "Priorities"~ all about 100 yrs from now and what's important in the life of a child. No offense to anyone, but I think we sometimes get so wrapped up in what, when, how, why, we forget we're going to enjoy ourselves and make magical moments with our family :D

I would let him wear sneakers if that what he is comfortable in. For goodness sakes, people should be willing to cut the children some slack. After all, Disney is all about kids and their joy (both big and little kids). I think it would be inappropriate for an adult to wear sneakers, but who is really going to be looking at a kids shoes. Hopefully everyone is having too much fun to notice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter