Kids' spending money

mog

DIS Veteran
Well, you can tell our trip is getting closer when I'm starting to think of all the picky details!
Our kids are older (teens) and have their own money for spending money on the Germany trip. However, they don't have ATM cards or bank accounts for it. If they just bring along cash, will there be places at the hotels or somewhere they can exchange some of their money as needed for buying souvenirs?

We allow ours to use the "bank of mom" on trips like this. She can "bank" a certain amount with me and I will withdraw it from an ATM as she needs it.

Much better exchange rates this way, and less chance of losing large amounts of cash.

hello.....
wel if you are going with them its better to keep that money with you.or not than uto keep that money in the hotel is also another nice option .because its safe for your kids and you also.....

We let the kids buy stuff with our money and we used credit cards if possible. Then we had them pay us back. You get the best exchange rate with credit cards (plus a 4% foreign transaction fee) and atm cards. We didn't change any money directly in Germany, only used atm's, which were readily available.

Thanks - I had actually thought of just having them have a "running account" with us so I guess that's what we'll do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter