Kim and Aron's Home UK Disney Wedding - Disney Honeymoon August 2010 UPDATED 09/06/09

Aronsgirl26

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone LONG time lurker, and I though it was about time I posted as last October I got engaged at Cinderella's Wishing well, and we have decided to have a disney themed wedding at home in the rainy UK!!! Then onto Orlando again for a 2 week honeymoon.

So will be asking for ideas, help and info, and filling you in on all the disney details!!!

First let me give you a bit of a background on us!! Both from Yorkshire England. I'm 26 and he is 25. We have been together 5 years, and met at our local Nightclub. We are both massive disney fans, he has been to disney world 3 times me twice, and on our last visit he proposed infront of Cinderella's wishing well.

It was a strange morning, as we were staying in fairfield Inn at lake beuna vista, it was half way through our holiday, for some reason he was getting dressed up and I couldn't really work out why, but it made me put a bit of an effort in so not to be outdone. Didn't think of questioning him. While on the tram to the park entrance he kept fiddling with our camcorder bag, so much so it was starting to annoy me!!! but I still didn't say anything. We were there for park opening as we had reservations for Breakfast at Crystal Palace. He seemed edgey all meal, but I didn't really think too much about it as I was too busy interacting with Winnie and crew. After a lovely breakfast, I was dying to go on Stitch's great escape which is one of my favorite rides! but he needed the toilet, and I suppose with all the juice I had just drunk I needed it too. So off we went our seperate ways. I quickly finished in the ladies room and sat on a bench waiting for him, and he was AGES and I mean AGES i was starting to get worried ( I later found out he was a) putting some micky mouse confetti he pinched from off the floor on either side the ring and b) working up the bottle to ask me lmao )

So after he came back from an very long toilet trip off we went to see Stitch!!! but he pulled me towards the castle I was like where we going?!? he said I see some Dream cast members lets go follow them, I was like no lets go on the ride, but eventually he got his way and off we trotted. When we got to the well, he made up some excuse that he could see them anymore and did I want my picture taken infront of the well. I said yeah of course, and Luckly there was a family there at the well. Aron asked the husband if he minded taking our photo together. The husband said sure no problem so I was stood at the back of the well expecting Aron to Join me. But Aron wanted me to come to the Front of the well. I was like we wont see the well if we stand infront of it, but he said come on just stand in front. So off I went like the obeying girlfriend I am!!! we were stood side by side and the husband took our picture, then all of a sudden Aron took something from his pocket, and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!!!!!! I was so shocked!! I cried and eventully said yes!!! To say the Husband was not in on the surpise he took some lovely pictures!!!! Will post them but not sure how to at the moment!!!

It was a lovely day, we booked a surpise meal for us at Tony's which was fantastic the waiter made me feel really special!!!! and when we got back to the hotel I had Roses and Champange waiting!! I felt like a princess.

So we have now picked a date Friday 13th August 2010 ( We met on a Friday 13th so lucky for us!!) and have a venue with food sorted. Only wanted a small wedding some 40 day guests with an extra 30 on the Evening, and decided we wanted disney theme running through the day. Budget is £6,000 for the wedding. Honeymoon Budget including spend for 2 weeks £8,000 as we want to do disney in style this time!

We have a pair of live singers who are singing 13 disney songs of our chosing for the evening entertainment mixed in with a DJ who is playing normal tunes.

Wedding cake is going to be three tiered, designed by my other half and will have a disney theme. we found a lovely lady who is making it for us for a very good price.

Booked a photographer who we both love!

Will try and keep this as up-to-date as I go along and would love anyone's ideas and thoughts!!!!!

Bye for now!!

Kim
xxx

Hi All,

hope someone is reading this as had no responces to my last post! bit disappointed but understand there are MANY weddings to follow on here !!!

Well Venue is picked its the Former Marriot Hotel in Tong Bradford. Lovely building and its lovely inside!! again if I can find out how to post pictures I will post some piccies!! Took the inlaws to have alook round this weekend that was a lovely experience!! lol

Jobs are assigned to people, my best friend is my chief bridesmaid, Aron's two nieces (16, 11) are my other bridesmaid and flower girl and his two nephews are usher and page boy (10, 6). Then Aron could not decide which of his two best friends was to be best man, so he has decided he is having 2!! you know men can never make choices !!!

Just picking disney music for throughout the day, bought some good instrumental cds from ebay!! trying to get hold of a 4 worlds 4 parks cd to see if any tracks on there can be used. If anyone has any ideas please speak up as much help and advice as I can get would be great!!

Also having a bit of a debate about the top-table. I want a sweet heart table after seeing them on here I think its a lovely idea. But Aron says he will feel silly with just us two sat there. He wants a traditional top table layout. Whats everyones thoughts on that??

Donna is making Save the dates as we speak, will post a pic of them soon.

So excited!!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Hi Kim!! Great to hear about your wedding plans, and another UK Bride! I hope you post some more so we get to see some photos! You are also getting married a day after me! We are August 12th 2010 :)

There are only a few of us (16-20) going to be in Disney, so I think we're all going to sit together. At our at home party, I'm not sure I like the idea of a long top table and everyone looking at us eat!! I think we're going to do all rounds and have a round 'top table' with our bridesmaids and groomsmen.

:) Looking forward to hearing your plans and seeing your Save The Dates!!

I just posted mine out a couple of months ago - they turned out OK but I haaaated making them in the end :laughing: I just wanted to finish already! xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter