Kind of a silly Question (Disney dollars)

chellebelle

Mouseketeer
Can someone please explain the disney dollars to me, How do they work, is it worth getting them etc??

Sorry if this sounds silly!

They are just disney money - even exchange. They are fun for the kids and we get some everytime we go. We usually get about $50.00 in disney dollars for the stores and food inside the parks. You can only use them at Disney and some of the carts do not take them. When you use them you will be given the change back in US dollars. If you need to change them back into US dollars, I believe you need your receipt.

I love the disney dollars. I usually get some for my son and whatever he doesn't use at the park he uses them at the Disney Store back home. From my understanding you can use them anywhere in the park. I think they are so cute. Each denomination has it's own character on it.

The best advice I got was instead of using the ABM to get cash and be charged a huge service charge and interest if you are using a credit card, purchase DD as it is treated as a purchase on your Credit Card and no extra fees if you are using your bank card. I hope that helps!!!

I read in another thread that the Disney Store isn't selling Disney Dollars anymore but resort gift cards. Does anyone know if this is true? I would like to pick some up before our trip as part of a vacation kits for my friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter