Kirsty&Phil's Wedding - 15th June 09 WP / Napa / UK Lochside

Kirsty&Philip

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone…

I have posted before, but so much has happened since then!!

Just to recap, I’ll start from the beginning and go from there, so I’ll apologise now if you get bored half way through…

Background

Philip and I got engaged at the Magic Kingdom WDW in front of Cinderella’s Castle in June 2006, he presented me with one of those cute little Mickey Mouse rings as he knows how fussy I can be and that I would want to choose my own engagement ring!

After that everything was sort of put on hold, we bought our first house together and have spent most of the past couple of years getting it just they way we want it. At the start of this year I accepted a position working abroad on rotation... it was such a hard decision as it took me away from home for long periods at a time but we felt that it was the right thing to do as it would help bulk up what was a depleted savings account!

At the start of my second trip, it finally hit us that we’d put everything on hold for long enough and now we wanted to start planning our wedding and of course finally set a date! I had loved the sound of a Disney Wedding, but was terrified of what my mum would say – she attends church on a weekly basis and had always dreamed of her little girl getting married at the church where she was 40 years ago. With the support of Phil however i had made up my mind – i didn’t want to settle for something that i knew i wasn’t goin to be happy with.... i wanted to get married in WDW, its where we got engaged and it just felt right.... so the date was set (after a lot of family arguments with both my side and Phil’s) the 15th June 2009 it is!!

So, where did we go from here...

The Contract

After contacting Disney where they took all my details / preferred date etc they put me in touch with a fantastic woman called Pam, she answered countless emails & questions and even met us when we travelled to Orlando in June of this year... We had a guided tour of the Wedding Pavilion, then off to a few resorts so we could try and decide on where we were to have our reception...

We decided on the following – although i must admit i use the term ‘WE’ lightly as my other half has already been told that this is MY wedding.... poor guy i hope he knows what he has let himself in for! :rotfl2:

Ceremony – Disney’s Wedding Pavilion
Reception – Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Napa Room
Dessert Part – Epcot UK Lochside

We had originally planned on an afternoon ceremony / reception so it would allow the whole day to flow before the Dessert Party in the evening.... that was until i received the contract and carefully read all those wonderful ‘minimum spends’... i really should have done my homework! :confused3

We have approx 20-25 of our family and friends travelling with us to join us on our special day, which just wasn’t enough to ensure that we met the $4000 minimum the Napa Room has between the hours of 4pm – 6pm. I was slightly deflated when the reality of the situation hit me... so we had to change all our timings and now we are having a break between the Reception and the Dessert Party. This ofcourse now means a 10am Ceremony :scared:

I must admit signing the contract was slightly daunting – i felt like i was setting up a business rather than organising a wedding – but there i was scribbling my initials on everypage... Now the question arose – now that i’ve signed and initialled everything, how do i get Phil & my parents to (bearing in mind that im currently 4000 miles away).... :idea: thankfully a trusty colleague offered to take the documents back to Aberdeen and give them to my family so that was one crisis resolved, now it was time to scrape my dad from off the floor when i told him that it was time to cough up the deposit for the wedding! :rolleyes1

Everything after that went pretty smoothly, and i finally got an email through from my WP – Michelle.... little did i know that it was now Disney’s turn to start asking me questions, most of which i had no clue how to answer!:confused:

The Dress

When i travelled back to the UK in Aug i decided that i wanted to start having a look for my wedding dress... I’m not even sure how many it was before i finally found the one – but i didn’t realise until that point that it really is true what they say.... as soon as i put it on – the poor girl helping me didn’t even have a chance to zip it up when i ran (well as best i could in the dress) out of the changing room exclaiming to my mum and best friend – this is it.... this is the one!! :worship:

It was slightly more (well by around £500) than i or my mum had planned to spend, but with some gentle persuasion the deposit was paid and the dress ordered...

Don’t worry i’m nearly done – hope your all still reading!

Planning Session

I persuaded Phil that it would be a great idea to go to Orlando to have a planning session so we could go over the menu / see the florist and make some decisions as up to now i feel like i’ve done absolutely nothing! We’r travelling to Orlando on the 8th Dec 08 for 10 nights along with my parents, mum has been feeling like she’s not in control as she has never seen the Pavilion or where we are having the reception – so is demanding to stamp her seal of approval on it. I have the planning session organised for Thurs 11th Dec and i can’t wait :yay: – i really better start making some decisions though... im worried that its slightly to early as its exactly 6 months before the wedding, but im hoping that if i have everything organised early then i can relax slightly lol

Anyway... i think that’s about me for now – i’ve got so many other things goin on but i don’t want to bore you all to much so i’ll leave that for another day!

Love Kirsty :flower3:

Hi Kirsty, Frist of all i love your dress! It's a reall Princess gown princess: And you must be so excited about your Planning Session you must take LOTS of photos! I cant wait to hear all your ideas and good luck:hug:

Hi Kirsty, Frist of all i love your dress! It's a reall Princess gown princess: And you must be so excited about your Planning Session you must take LOTS of photos! I cant wait to hear all your ideas and good luck:hug:

Awh thanks :flower3: I love it to and i have the internet page i found it on saved as a favourite so i can sneak a peak every now and then...

I was reading your PJ earlier - and i have to say i love your dress and the cute little carriages you have as favours :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter