Knotts Food Festivals

I laugh, but I hope not. I'm glad they've found a way to operate in some fashion but I really hope they can open again.

The previous restaurant at Descanso (Maple?) has closed and is now called The Kitchen.

Due to the pandemic, they are doing very limited dining. You must order 48 hours in advance, but they have tables set up in the garden to eat.

The window/snack bar is still open with drinks and snacks.

I know a lot of people that love La Cabanita, but I’ve never been there. I need to make sure to visit!
Yes, Maple was part of the Patina group, so when they closed, The Kitchen (a catering company located in Pasadena) took over dining at Descanso.
If you visit La Cabanita, go for the Chuletas -- a signature dish there! :)

Sooo I decided to buy a ticket to the Fall-o-ween event on Oct.28. I'll just go solo after work for a few hours since it ends at 9pm. Not sure why I am nervous considering I go to DL all the time solo, and even did the Oogie Boogie Bash solo last year lol.

The previous restaurant at Descanso (Maple?) has closed and is now called The Kitchen.

Due to the pandemic, they are doing very limited dining. You must order 48 hours in advance, but they have tables set up in the garden to eat.

The window/snack bar is still open with drinks and snacks.

I know a lot of people that love La Cabanita, but I’ve never been there. I need to make sure to visit!
There's an outdoor Halloween event happening there this month.

Sooo I decided to buy a ticket to the Fall-o-ween event on Oct.28. I'll just go solo after work for a few hours since it ends at 9pm. Not sure why I am nervous considering I go to DL all the time solo, and even did the Oogie Boogie Bash solo last year lol.
Lol, I totally get it. I'm so familiar with DL that I can navigate my way in the dark. Knotts is new and seems sprawling. I think you will have fun.

I wish they would but this is probably the smarter way. They have time to call back more employees and order more food. I was talking with a friend and I think they will probably do the same if there is a winter Taste event. Put up weekends first and add days as needed.

Hmmm...I'm not 100% sure this will work, but it looks like guests can still book the hotel package and get a ticket for a sold out day.
That’s what DL would do for sold out Halloween parties. Only those in onsite hotels could get tickets to sold out days. They probably keep them in a separate bucket.

Has anyone been to this yet? We have tickets for Thursday, and I’m trying to estimate how long we might be there/when we should get there. We have 3 little kids, so I don’t imagine we’ll linger too much, but we do want to enjoy the food, ambiance and they are very excited about the trick or treat trail!

We’d love any tips or advice, we’ve actually never been to Knotts (except DD9 who went with daycamp a few summers back).

Have fun!
I wasn't able to buy tickets for this event, but I did go to the previous Taste event. My tip would be to study the menu and plan out which items are your must trys. Some items are at multiple locations and others are unique. I stayed maybe two hours, but you could easily spendhalf a day or longer. Knotts had character actors in Ghost town, a DJ in the fiesta village, and either a live or recorded band elsewhere.

I watched a few vlogs and they seem to have added more things for this event. They add fog and lights when it gets dark.

Has anyone been to this yet? We have tickets for Thursday, and I’m trying to estimate how long we might be there/when we should get there. We have 3 little kids, so I don’t imagine we’ll linger too much, but we do want to enjoy the food, ambiance and they are very excited about the trick or treat trail!

We’d love any tips or advice, we’ve actually never been to Knotts (except DD9 who went with daycamp a few summers back).
My ticket is for the 28th. From what I’ve read everyone is encouraged to wear costumes. So you can wear one too. I would maybe wait until the sun goes to down for trick or treating so it’s “spooky” in a fun way lol.

I need to read up on the menus myself to see what food I want to try.

Have fun!
I wasn't able to buy tickets for this event, but I did go to the previous Taste event. My tip would be to study the menu and plan out which items are your must trys. Some items are at multiple locations and others are unique. I stayed maybe two hours, but you could easily spendhalf a day or longer. Knotts had character actors in Ghost town, a DJ in the fiesta village, and either a live or recorded band elsewhere.

I watched a few vlogs and they seem to have added more things for this event. They add fog and lights when it gets dark.

I too went to the last event. I agree to think ahead of time of what foods you want to try. The 5 given with the ticket go fast! You can buy more if you want, but good to have a plan from the outset.

They had Charlie Brown and Snoopy out for distanced pictures and selfies in the Boardwalk area; if character interaction is important to you maybe look for them.

We were able to spend several hours in the park. There is lots to explore in the Ghost Town area.

@travelgirl06
I went last night with my 4 yo niece and sister. I don't have time to post right now but I'll come back to this later. It was a lot of fun though even though it was 90billion degrees yesterday.... not very fall like. 😰 :laughing:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!