Knotts Food Festivals

My friend and I will be going next week on Friday. How was enforcement with social distancing and masks?

Also what food selections did you like?

My friend and I will be going next week on Friday. How was enforcement with social distancing and masks?

Also what food selections did you like?

I went today (around 4:30) and felt safe. It's a little weird but I think the amount of space used made a big difference. There were a few bottleneck areas but I'm fine walking around or waiting and got through in less than a minute.

There aren't as many visible employees as there are in DTD, but I did notice tables were cleaned as soon as one group left. There are plenty of tables throughout the park, although the Boardwalk section probably had less than the other areas. There was one instance where a family asked if they could use a portion of the table I was at. I said sure but I was getting ready to leave anyway and I could see how someone else could feel uncomfortable or put on the spot.

I never heard anyone admonished to keep their distance or fix their mask. But everyone I saw was following guidelines already. I saw maybe two or three people wearing a gaiter or bandana style mask.

The lanyard they give has all the food choices available and a QR code so employees can scan and deduct your tastings. No tabs to detach. There is so much food. I had five choices in mind but went to a few back up choices because the lines for the carnitas fries and the shrimp taco looked long.

I loved the Boysenberry mint agua fresca and the tater tots with pulled pork. The portions were pretty generous. Since I usually go to these things by myself, I usually bring Ziploc bags so I can take a taste and bring the rest home. The brisket sandwich had good flavor but was too bready. Everything seemed to be priced at $6 so you could pay out of pocket if you finish your allotment of tastings.

I went today (around 4:30) and felt safe. It's a little weird but I think the amount of space used made a big difference. There were a few bottleneck areas but I'm fine walking around or waiting and got through in less than a minute.

There aren't as many visible employees as there are in DTD, but I did notice tables were cleaned as soon as one group left. There are plenty of tables throughout the park, although the Boardwalk section probably had less than the other areas. There was one instance where a family asked if they could use a portion of the table I was at. I said sure but I was getting ready to leave anyway and I could see how someone else could feel uncomfortable or put on the spot.

I never heard anyone admonished to keep their distance or fix their mask. But everyone I saw was following guidelines already. I saw maybe two or three people wearing a gaiter or bandana style mask.

The lanyard they give has all the food choices available and a QR code so employees can scan and deduct your tastings. No tabs to detach. There is so much food. I had five choices in mind but went to a few back up choices because the lines for the carnitas fries and the shrimp taco looked long.

I loved the Boysenberry mint agua fresca and the tater tots with pulled pork. The portions were pretty generous. Since I usually go to these things by myself, I usually bring Ziploc bags so I can take a taste and bring the rest home. The brisket sandwich had good flavor but was too bready. Everything seemed to be priced at $6 so you could pay out of pocket if you finish your allotment of tastings.
Awesome! Thanks!

Welcome. Have fun with your friend next week.

I stayed for about two hours but it's easily a linger around all day event. There was a DJ in the Fiesta Village playing catchy music, a big screen in Ghost Town where pre-recorded Billy/Kurt music is shown, Boardwalk had 80's music (cue The Neverending Story theme song), and country music piped through other portions in Calico.

I didn't do any shopping in the stores, but it looked like most of them were open.

Welcome. Have fun with your friend next week.

I stayed for about two hours but it's easily a linger around all day event. There was a DJ in the Fiesta Village playing catchy music, a big screen in Ghost Town where pre-recorded Billy/Kurt music is shown, Boardwalk had 80's music (cue The Neverending Story theme song), and country music piped through other portions in Calico.

I didn't do any shopping in the stores, but it looked like most of them were open.
I haven't been to Knotts since I was little. So this will be interesting haha. I'm excited to eat! We were planning on doing the Boysenberry Festival in the spring, but we all know how that worked out lol

Yes, thank you for the detailed response. I've been considering going, thats if they haven't sold out yet, I guess. We had Knotts passes for awhile a few years ago and I used go love to just roam while DD and her friends would be off riding.

@theluckyrabbit
Yes, parking is free. They've closed the main entrance to the park, so the parking entrance is further down Beach Blvd, closer to Crescent.

I'm not familiar with the park, so I got lost a few times looking for some of the booths. There are directory maps scattered throughout. If you like little details, there are definitely gems in various places.520813

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1598106759026.jpg
    FB_IMG_1598106759026.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1598106791909.jpg
    FB_IMG_1598106791909.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Yes, thank you for the detailed response. I've been considering going, thats if they haven't sold out yet, I guess. We had Knotts passes for awhile a few years ago and I used go love to just roam while DD and her friends would be off riding.
The next set of tickets for August 21-September were released. So far all dates are available except for today (8/22).

Alright finally back! Had a fun night. I haven’t been to Knotts Berry farm since I was maybe 9 or 10. We got there around 5:30 and stayed until almost closing.

I was a little confused getting to the actual festival. You have to pass the marketplace and then you will get to the entrance. They don’t do Temp checks but they ask you if you have any Covid symptoms.

Saw great mask compliance. Knotts does allow bandannas, gaiters, and Valve mask. I also saw a family with shields. I couldn’t tell if they had masks with them, since they were already sitting at a table. The rule for masks and eating is you can only remove your mask if you are seated and eating. So no walking and drinking/eating. They have an announcement every so often to remind you about wearing your mask and social distancing.

Everyone (including children) gets a tasting card for the event. The tasting card has a scanner on it that the staff scans. So it’s all touchless.

Overall very laid back experience. Nice getaway. We noticed the hand sanitizer stations throughout the park. Also whenever someone got up to leave a table, a staff member immediately cleaned it off. Our favorite foods were:
Pulled Pork tator tots
mango Cider
Boysenberry beer
Boysenberry chicken with honey (beware it’s spicy)
*alcohol is included with the 5 tastings. However the sample size is tiny. You are allowed to buy a regular size for an extra price that doesn’t count towards a tasting. When they check you ID they will ask you to pull your mask down, then give you a yellow wristband*

We did NOT like the sliders or Mac and cheese.

My only complaint was that the letter to state what line you were getting in were hard to see. Especially when the sun went down.
ECF9493C-A526-44AB-9122-9121D17ACA5C.jpegDE7B3228-0117-445A-869B-BB912E510D8A.jpeg1591B975-6AA6-4BAE-B5D6-E0A91F30C4B8.jpegA450B5BA-30DA-4194-83A6-FAF896CB27D7.jpeg

Great review! Thank you for the photos. Interesting about the similarities and differences in the mask rules. Did you have any issues with the food and your sensitivities?

Great review! Thank you for the photos. Interesting about the similarities and differences in the mask rules. Did you have any issues with the food and your sensitivities?
No I only did savory foods. Steered clear of the sweet stuff. I was a little worried with the Boysenberry chicken and beer, but it was fine.

Did you walk through a white tent area before entering the park? If you did, then they took your temp with a thermal scanner.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. The tater tots are so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!