Knotts Food Festivals

Did you walk through a white tent area before entering the park? If you did, then they took your temp with a thermal scanner.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. The tater tots are so good.
Yes we did! And interesting didn’t know they had thermal scanners lol. So we must’ve walked through them and didn’t realize

For anyone who has been, how far apart are tables spaced? Is there a lot of room or are tables scrunched together with a lot of people packed together in a small seating area?

I don’t mind walking around outside, but some of the restaurants in my town have their outdoor tables jammed too close together for my comfort. Since Knott’s only allows masks to be removed while sitting at a table, the closeness of the tables is pretty much the deciding factor for me.

For anyone who has been, how far apart are tables spaced? Is there a lot of room or are tables scrunched together with a lot of people packed together in a small seating area?

I don’t mind walking around outside, but some of the restaurants in my town have their outdoor tables jammed too close together for my comfort. Since Knott’s only allows masks to be removed while sitting at a table, the closeness of the tables is pretty much the deciding factor for me.
They seemed spaced out to me. But I didn't pay attention to it as much honestly. But no table seemed crowded. Each table would have a group. You didn't need to share with another group.

The tables were spaced very comfortably. Most of them seemed to follow the line of a wall, so there was only one column per row (I'm not sure I'm explaining that correctly).

The walkway between Calico and Fiesta Village had plenty of empty tables, so if one area is busy I would suggest walking around the corner and there will most likely be more free spots available.

For what it’s worth, I went to the Taste of Knott’s today and was impressed.

My level of caution has been very high (even extreme at times) throughout this pandemic, and I felt safe at Knott’s. Saw great mask compliance inside the park, lots and lots of tables spaced out all around that were cleaned immediately when the table was vacated. I liked that the stores were no-touch... you scan your own items and can do mobile pay. Lots of hand sanitizer stations around.

The temp was 100+ degrees today so I don’t know if that kept daytime crowds away, but the park didn’t feel crowded, even though today’s event is sold out.

I would go to a similar event at Disneyland if was as well run. It was nice just to walk around a theme park even without rides operating.

As for rides, I think I might even feel safe going on rides (at least outdoor rides) as long as park attendance was kept low. If you’d asked me yesterday, I would have said there’s no way I’d feel comfortable with that at this time.

Great job to Knott’s!

Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and felt safe there. There were rumors of Disney execs checking out how the event was run, so hopefully Disney has a plan in case the closure continues.

My friend and her fiance went to the Knotts event today. She said it was BRUTAL in the heat. They bought tickets a couple of weeks ago so they had no idea the heat wave was going to be this bad. Keep that in mind when buying tickets. September tends to be the hottest month it seems.

https://www.knotts.com/play/events/taste-of-fall-o-ween
Here's info on their fall event. Price increased by $5 + tax. Costumes are allowed but play masks do not count as safety masks. I think they added one more booth and the treat trail. Adults without kids can purchase a ticket for the trail for $8. Kids tickets already come with the trail and parents can accompany them for free.

Passholder price comes to about $32. I still think this is a good value. Plus, one of their drinks looks very similar to last year's specialty drink from the French Market, and I loved that drink.

https://www.knotts.com/play/events/taste-of-fall-o-ween
Here's info on their fall event. Price increased by $5 + tax. Costumes are allowed but play masks do not count as safety masks. I think they added one more booth and the treat trail. Adults without kids can purchase a ticket for the trail for $8. Kids tickets already come with the trail and parents can accompany them for free.

Passholder price comes to about $32. I still think this is a good value. Plus, one of their drinks looks very similar to last year's specialty drink from the French Market, and I loved that drink.
Yay!!! 😍🎃

From today's MP DLR Update (9/14/20):
Knott's launches Taste of Fall-o-Ween
While California theme park operators continue to wait for the state to issue guidelines on how and when they can reopen their gates, Knott's Berry Farm has announced a new Halloween version of their "outdoor dining and retail experience" series.
The Taste of Fall-o-Ween event runs Fridays through Sundays, September 25 through November 1, and adds holiday decorations, new entertainment and a trick-or-treat activity for younger guests to the food and shopping lineup.
Admission to this event comes in the form of a Taste of Knott’s Tasting Card, which is now $35 for ages 12 and up (another $5 increase over the Taste of Knott's event). The tasting card provides samples of up to five of the Taste of Fall-o-Ween food and beverage options offered at 28 locations throughout the theme park. Tickets for children 3 to 11 are now $20, and come with three tastings and one trip through the Camp Snoopy Trick-or-Treat Trail. Children 2 and under are free. Tickets are limited each day to control crowd size. Knott's Annual Passholders save 20%.
Again, while the rides remain closed, Knott's says that artisan booths and select Knott’s retail stores will be open to with event merchandise and theme park souvenirs.
While the revenue from this event can't possible scratch that of Knott's signature Knott's Scary Farm bash, which was canceled for 2020 due to COVID-19, this string of events is helping expose Knott's to a crowd of theme park fans who are looking for a way to celebrate the holiday. For many, just walking through a decorated theme park may be worth the price of admission.

Has there been any indication about the capacity of the new Fall festival? Since Orange County recently moved into a new covid tier, I’m wondering if the Fall festival has increased capacity from the previous Taste festival.

Selfishly, I hope they have not increased capacity. I was very happy with how small the crowd felt on a sold out Saturday for the Taste festival. Especially compared to Downtown Disney which felt very crowded when I visited.

Has there been any indication about the capacity of the new Fall festival? Since Orange County recently moved into a new covid tier, I’m wondering if the Fall festival has increased capacity from the previous Taste festival.

Selfishly, I hope they have not increased capacity. I was very happy with how small the crowd felt on a sold out Saturday for the Taste festival. Especially compared to Downtown Disney which felt very crowded when I visited.
I’m hoping to go next week. Haven’t bought tickets I’m waiting on one of my friends. I will let you know how crowds are if I do go.

Even if they upped capacity, I think it should be okay since they seem to be opening another portion of the park (Camp Snoopy) and that should spread out the masses. My only concern is how they would manage the crowds in that area and how they'll distribute treats in a safe manner.

From the Speculation Superthread on the DL Community Board:

We went to the Taste of Knott's this last weekend. We had never visited Knott's before. We thought the event was really well-done. We never felt unsafe; people generally were good about masks and distancing. They had some of the residents of Calico/Ghost Town out on balconies to interact with guests. The Fall-O-Ween event menus look really good and they're adding a treat trail for kids (or even adults who want to buy an add-on). And all guests can wear costumes! I'm impressed with their efforts. Go Knott's!

With all the pressure from OC/Anaheim to allow theme parks to reopen, I wonder what would happen to the Knott’s Fall festival if the park reopens before the scheduled end of the festival, which I believe is Nov 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts