Knotts Food Festivals

I just noticed that for this Taste event, the hotel is open and they are offering a hotel package to guests.

That's what we did last weekend for the Taste of Knott's event. It was nice because the package included a room at the hotel and tickets to the event, but it was cancelable up to 3 days before. So we knew we had tickets for the event, but still had some flexibility. And we couldn't beat the convenience of just walking over from the hotel!

That's what we did last weekend for the Taste of Knott's event. It was nice because the package included a room at the hotel and tickets to the event, but it was cancelable up to 3 days before. So we knew we had tickets for the event, but still had some flexibility. And we couldn't beat the convenience of just walking over from the hotel!
Very cool. What was your impression of the hotel and your stay?

Very cool. What was your impression of the hotel and your stay?

It was fine, but not really exciting. The staff were welcoming and efficient. The hotel felt very clean and we weren't concerned about staying there as far as COVID went. But the room was a bit noisy (it overlooked the pool, and the people next door were loud). The best part was the convenience to the park.

Knott's Fall-o-Ween started this weekend and from the vlogs we're seeing, it looks so fun!! We were wishing we had known about this event before we went to Taste of Knott's a few weeks ago; we would have postponed and done this one instead. It's not worth another plane flight to go again so soon, but if we lived in southern CA, we would so be visiting Knott's!

Knott's Fall-o-Ween started this weekend and from the vlogs we're seeing, it looks so fun!! We were wishing we had known about this event before we went to Taste of Knott's a few weeks ago; we would have postponed and done this one instead. It's not worth another plane flight to go again so soon, but if we lived in southern CA, we would so be visiting Knott's!
If they follow pattern, Knotts should be announcing a Taste of the Holidays or something similar towards the end of the Falloween event.

My friends and I are still trying to find a day to go. Everyone is actually busy now throughout October lol.

Aww, I was looking forward to your review of it. It looks like most Saturdays are sold out again. I watched a few vlogs and it looks like they change the atmosphere at night. Cute in the daytime, spookier at night.

We could always go on a Friday night like we did last time. I just sent them the link showing the sold out dates and to hurry and choose already lol

I went to Fall-o-Ween this past Saturday. It has the same general setup as the previous event - temp check, lanyards to scan at food booths, etc.

Safety-wise, this event is the same as the previous festivals. Good mask compliance, lots of tables, frequent cleaning, no touch purchases, etc.

The Halloween/Fall decorations are really good. Lots of pumpkins everywhere.

Lots of good food options. I think I preferred these over the previous festival (which I also liked).

The trick or treat trail (only on kids tickets) is a great addition. Camp Snoopy is all done up spooky with skeletons and some animatronics, plus some costumed scarecrow performers. There are about 10 booths handing out candy throughout the trail. My 5 and 7 year olds loved it. We went in the early evening so it was still pretty light and was not too spooky for them (although they might have found it scarier at night).

There are more costumed performers around the park. Scarecrows, people on stilts, and in generally spooky/creepy costumes, but nothing that is gory or bloody.

After dark the park seems spookier because there’s more fog and colored lighting, but it never felt inappropriate for families with kids.

Also, a lot of the midway games were open, which I don’t remember being the case at the previous festival (but maybe I just missed them then).

This is a great event and really scratches the “Halloween in the park” itch.

I went to Fall-o-Ween this past Saturday. It has the same general setup as the previous event - temp check, lanyards to scan at food booths, etc.

Safety-wise, this event is the same as the previous festivals. Good mask compliance, lots of tables, frequent cleaning, no touch purchases, etc.

The Halloween/Fall decorations are really good. Lots of pumpkins everywhere.

Lots of good food options. I think I preferred these over the previous festival (which I also liked).

The trick or treat trail (only on kids tickets) is a great addition. Camp Snoopy is all done up spooky with skeletons and some animatronics, plus some costumed scarecrow performers. There are about 10 booths handing out candy throughout the trail. My 5 and 7 year olds loved it. We went in the early evening so it was still pretty light and was not too spooky for them (although they might have found it scarier at night).

There are more costumed performers around the park. Scarecrows, people on stilts, and in generally spooky/creepy costumes, but nothing that is gory or bloody.

After dark the park seems spookier because there’s more fog and colored lighting, but it never felt inappropriate for families with kids.

Also, a lot of the midway games were open, which I don’t remember being the case at the previous festival (but maybe I just missed them then).

This is a great event and really scratches the “Halloween in the park” itch.
Weird question, but does the fog have a strong odor?

Aww, I was looking forward to your review of it. It looks like most Saturdays are sold out again. I watched a few vlogs and it looks like they change the atmosphere at night. Cute in the daytime, spookier at night.
We could always go on a Friday night like we did last time. I just sent them the link showing the sold out dates and to hurry and choose already lol
They sold out fast....when we got out tickets on Saturday night, there was only Oct 24th sold out. I checked again yesterday and couldn't believe how many days were already sold out.

It looks like all their original dates have sold out. They've added Thursday dates and those are still available for now.

My friends and I may skip out :( We now might be doing Descano Gardens. But I will be reading reviews on here and insta! I hope they do a Christmas version!

Oooo, Descanso is so pretty! Have fun there. I don't know if their restaurant is open, but I believe it is part of the Patina group...they operate a couple of the DTD restaurants.

Oooo, Descanso is so pretty! Have fun there. I don't know if their restaurant is open, but I believe it is part of the Patina group...they operate a couple of the DTD restaurants.
I heard that the Descanso restaurant closed. Has another one taken its place? If not, Honeybird is not far from Descanso -- and their fried chicken is yummy! La Cabanita is also nearby -- yummy Mexican food!

I heard that the Descanso restaurant closed. Has another one taken its place? If not, Honeybird is not far from Descanso -- and their fried chicken is yummy! La Cabanita is also nearby -- yummy Mexican food!
The previous restaurant at Descanso (Maple?) has closed and is now called The Kitchen.

Due to the pandemic, they are doing very limited dining. You must order 48 hours in advance, but they have tables set up in the garden to eat.

The window/snack bar is still open with drinks and snacks.

I know a lot of people that love La Cabanita, but I’ve never been there. I need to make sure to visit!

Well, the good news is that with the rumored theme park reopening guidelines that are going around, it sounds like Knott’s is going to have the opportunity for LOTS of festivals for the foreseeable future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!