Knotts Food Festivals

I went Saturday with my 4yo niece and sister. We got there around 3p. It was sooo hot that day so I'm glad we didn't get there any earlier. The first hour or two was miserable until the sun went down so we didn't do much but hang around Ghost Town area where it was pretty shaded. Then we started moving around the park to check everything out. We wanted to wait until it was getting dark to do the trick or treat trail but I think everyone else had that idea too because there was a line to get into Camp Snoopy(BTW...you enter the trail through the Fiesta Village entrance...we walked all the way to the front of the park and then had to go back for the trail entrance.) and the only time we felt crowded the whole day was doing the trick or treat trail.

Before we went, I saw a printable Scavenger Hunt on the Knotts Instagram. https://www.clementinecounty.com/knotts-taste-of-fall-o-ween-scavenger-hunt/ So I printed it off and we had a lot of fun looking for all the items on the list. My niece LOVED it, she didn't want to leave until we found them all(still never found the Headless Horseman).

If you make a list of food items you want, make sure you make note of where they are located. LOL I made a list but didn't put location. Not all locations have their event food menu listed and the lanyard was kind of hard to read especially as it got darker.

Not all locations have their event food menu listed and the lanyard was kind of hard to read especially as it got darker.
This was my only compliant when I went to taste of knotts. I went in the evening when it was dark. It was so hard to read the lanyard and to find the letters to match the lines. Hopefully I'll remember the area a little better when I go next week.

This was my only compliant when I went to taste of knotts. I went in the evening when it was dark. It was so hard to read the lanyard and to find the letters to match the lines. Hopefully I'll remember the area a little better when I go next week.

They should've done food maps. I read they had the "you are here" kinda maps around the park but personally I never saw any.

They should've done food maps. I read they had the "you are here" kinda maps around the park but personally I never saw any.
I saw a couple during Taste of Knotts but I still got lost and had to ask for directions. My grand plan was to rely on my phone but I realized after I arrived that it wasn't charging during the drive over.

Good news from MiceChat:
We’ve heard on good authority to be on the lookout for an announcement from Knott’s any day now for their winter holiday-themed festival. Additionally, we heard a report that Knott’s has hired a bell choir for this yet-unannounced festival and practice is set to begin this week. So, at least one local theme park will be having Christmas this year! And if Taste of Fall-O-Ween was any indicator of how Knott’s can adapt to current restrictions while retaining its charm, we can’t wait for what they do for the holidays!

Above taken from the latest Disneyland Update (10/19/20):
https://www.micechat.com/273009-dis...3gRoXzCK7jDs58iayQNdw1ZNthza6y4sUP5FWK1QREr0A

For the last event there was a QR code on the lanyards that would bring up a park map. I didn't know that until the nice employee pointed out I was scanning the wrong code when I was trying to get food.

Love reading these reports! Did knotts provide the trick or treat bags or do we bring our own?
They give you one for each child and adults can also get treats if you pay extra. When you exit Camp Snoopy, they put sticker on your bag, I guess so you can't go through again. Honesty, you don't get much candy but still fun for the kids. :o

They give you one for each child and adults can also get treats if you pay extra. When you exit Camp Snoopy, they put sticker on your bag, I guess so you can't go through again. Honesty, you don't get much candy but still fun for the kids. :o

Thanks for the info - one less thing for us to take. I’ll prep the kids for not getting a ton of candy so they aren’t disappointed. I think they’ll be so excited to trick or treat though that hopefully they won’t care :)

For those that have gone, what are some favorite food selections you tried? I'm going on Wednesday!

We liked the pumpkin cinnamon bun, burnt ends and mashed potatoes, macaroni, boysenberry smoothie and the sangria. We honestly didn’t get to try everything we wanted because lines were longish, the kids were antsy and we got full (we left with a few credits left). I thought portions were generous considering how many credits you got.

It was busy, but we never had trouble finding a table. We got there around 5 and there were decent lines for most stations. We had wanted to go to Coasters for the “beeting hearts salad” and a few other things, but weren’t willing to wait in the line with the kids. We stayed until around 8.

As a prior poster mentioned, there are some “picky eater” modifications (I.e. cheese pizza) but I don’t think these are listed anywhere. it would have been great to have a list of these in advance to know where we could find “kid food” easily (my younger 2 are still in picky eater mode!)

The kids loved it though (3, 6 and 9) and keep asking to go back. The live actors seemed to adjust nicely to turn the spooky into “fun spooky” when they saw the little ones getting nervous :)

For those that have gone, what are some favorite food selections you tried? I'm going on Wednesday!
The pastrami tater were sooo good, if you like pastrami. We got them as we were leaving and didn't eat them until we got out to the car. We both wished we would've got them earlier in the day and ate them fresh. LOL Like @travelgirl06 said about we didn't eat all our credits because we got full with what we did eat.

The live actors seemed to adjust nicely to turn the spooky into “fun spooky” when they saw the little ones getting nervous :)
That was great, my niece was a little scared in Ghost Town looking up to the jail and the person doing the talking and noises said something about not being scared, so she then felt comfortable going up to it and looking in.

I really hope they plan on doing a Christmas one. I wanna go back too. :o

Last edited:
I brought Ziploc bags during Taste of Knotts. I usually never finish my food in one sitting, and this was a great way to try what I wanted without wasting food.

If you are inclined, please try the Blackberry Mint Julep. It looks like something that was offered last year at Disneyland for HM's anniversary.

ETA: I'm assuming its a holiday event...lol Not sure what else it would be but really crossing fingers that's what it actually is. :o

For those mentioning wanting to go to a Holiday event....Knotts posted this on Instagram and Facebook.

My sister and I have turned on notifications and picked a possible day to get tickets as soon as they go on sale. :banana:

Last edited:
ETA: I'm assuming its a holiday event...lol Not sure what else it would be but really crossing fingers that's what it actually is. :o

For those mentioning wanting to go to a Holiday event....Knotts posted this on Instagram and Facebook.
View attachment 534779

My sister and I have turned on notifications and picked a possible day to get tickets as soon as they go on sale. :banana:
They did indeed release tickets today. I’ve already got my tickets and am very excited for this event!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!