• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Knottsberry Farm ????

chip64

Mouseketeer
pirate: Last year we stayed at the DLR and also for the 1st time went to another park besides DL and DCA.. We went to Knottsberry Farm which my 2 teenage daughters loved. My wife and I thought it was pretty nice but not as much as our kids did!!! I have to admit I loved the new rollercoaster they had I think called Silver Bullet, but I'm not sure. Also loved the huge wooden roller coaster, I think it was ghost rider but again I'm not quite sure as far as the names of these 2 coasters go!!! Here is my ? We purchased tickets and voucher transportation through Disney Travel and honestly hated doing the bus thing because you get picked up and bussed somewhere to get your tickets as well as another bus. How much would it cost to get a taxi from a DLR hotel roundtrip to and from Knottsberry Farm? after having purchased tickets to Knottsberry Farm? BTW, we didn't do the chicken dinner last time we were there!!! Ha!!! Ha!!!! Wished we had of. Chip.

Hi Chip,
we used Starline to get to KBF last time we were there (2004) and used a voucher for our admission which we paid when we got to the park.
Starline picked us up at our hotel and dropped us at KBF around 9.30am and then we had a choice of times to come home, either 6pm or 8pm.We didn't have to decide there and then so as the day went on (it was our hottest day there i think) we took our time going round and doing the rides (we love Ghostrider, Silver Bullet was being constructed)we went for the 8pm bus back and we had a huge coach to ourselves and another 2 people as everyone else had gone for the earlier one.
On our first visit we queued for an hour for the chicken dinner and to be honest, though it was very nice, we didn't think it was worth losing that time for.
When we visit this year, it's the Boysenberry jam we will queue for!!!!!
Love Ella

pirate: Hey thanks for your response!!! It sounds pretty great compared to what we had when we booked tickets and transfer vouchers with Disney Travel. Could you possibly give me the # as to what travel company you used? Thanks, Chip.

We also booked this through them, but they don't really give you much information. Do you remember approximately what the pick up and drop off times were and what the company name is that they use? I'm curious about this.

pirate: I'm not really sure as to what your question is about. If it pertains to the transportaion to and from your hotel to Knotteberry Farm when booking through Disney Travel, I can honestly say I can't remember what tour line picked you up but they do pick you up at your hotel and go to a central location where you get off and use your vouchers to get your tickets and then your redirected to wait on a bus that will then transport you to where your destination may be. Be it Knottsberry Farm, Universal, etc.. Our hotel happened to be the Paradise Pier at Disneyland and if memory serves me correct we were picked up around 7:30-8:00 Am in front of the hotel and taken to a central location. If this is what you are referring to as far as your Pkg. goes I would contact Disney Travel and they will be happy to answer any question or concern that you may have as far as how this will work. Hope this helps, Chip. BTW, after leaving this central location we arrived at Knottsberry Farm before the park ever opened. I think we may have had to wait no more than 5-10 minutes to go through the gate after it opened. I'm not sure if this is always the case but it was in ours.

Chip,
was that Coach USA that you used? they pick you up in a feeder coach and then take you to the main depot where all their buses go out from and you get your ticket and then queue for your coach then on the way back the driver drops you at your hotel.
We use them a lot as we like the way the drivers tell you a lot about the area and point out various things as you drive along.
I'm sure the company was Starline that we used and they picked up at the hotel and we went straight to KBF and we arrived about 30 minutes before the gates opened but we looked at the little shops there while we waited.
I asked the concierge the best way to get there and this was the company he recpmmended, we always use the concierge or front desk for help when we want to plan a trip and we don't book it with our tour operator before we leave as we got ripped off this way in the past.
Love Ella

pirate: Ya know I think you're right. If I'm not mistaken it was Coach USA now that you've reminded me of it!!! Ha!!! Ha!!!!. The mind is the first thing to go. Thank you, however I think I'll try to use the company you used if we decide to go to Disneyland later this year. Thanks again and take care. BTW, how is the weather in England? Take care, Chip.

Hi Chip,
the weather here is cold at the moment,there has been a lot of snow around these last few days, though here in the South, we just had flurries, it didn't settle.Whats the weather like in Tennessee?
Take a look here: http://www.anaheim411.com/vacation_planning_assistance.html
theres a lot of information about tours and trips.
Love Ella

pirate: The weather here in Tennessee is cloudy and a little on the chilly side. I just got online and seen your post. Thank you so much for the link on information and tours. I really appreciate it. Take care and hope to talk to you soon. Chip.

Definitly try the Knott's Chicken Dinner restaurant, its the best thing there!

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter