kobe beef?

firemanx

DIS Veteran
I can't remember which restaurant somebody said a restaurant @WDW had certified kobe beef prepared table side? anyone know where?

I think it's Morimoto in DS. I saw this on their menu...

Japanese A5 Wagyu Beef (Sold per ounce - 3 oz minimum)
Prepared tableside over ishiyaki grilling stone with sansho peppercorn sauce a5 is the highest quality given only to the finest certified beef from japan. Add morimoto ishiyaki bop 12

Takumi-Tei is the only place that I know of that has true Wagyu beef.
Several restaurants have "WAGYU TYPE" beef. Not the same.

Morimoto still has true Japanese A5 Wagyu on their menu. $28 an ounce, minimum 3 ounce serving.

To confirm what gharter posted above, aside from Takumi-Tei everything else marketed by Disney as Kobe Beef is most likely coming from Snake River Farms, a domestic producer crossing Japanese Wagyu with Black Angus cattle. Snake River does produce some excellent cattle but it's closer to Prime Beef than it is to Japanese Wagyu and prices out at roughly 1/4 to 1/3 the price of the real thing.

Did a Takumi-Tei meal in December and it was amazing. Had the Artisan Beef and it was literally melt in your mouth, and all the flavours on the plate were delicious. The food was amazing, the service was flawless and the attention to detail for the meal was impeccable. We'll definitely be doing a meal here during our December trip.

At one time Yachtsman had Wagyu where they actually gave you the certificate (and a more generous size piece of meat) but it doesn't look like it's still on the menu. It was delicious (but expensive though) but we felt if we were springing for an expensive meal it was worth it....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter