Kongfrontation replacement is .....

TennVolTony

Thief of Thongs
NOT going to be a Mummy themed roller coaster. That is what we heard last week. According to local news today the ride is going to be based on SHREK........ Interesting......it's gonna be called SHREK 4D....seems like an awfully big building for anything BUT a coaster..... Guess we will just have to wait and see.......-

Interesting Tony!! :) :)

I waonder if maybe it'll be a "Spiderman" type ride? :) :)

Thanks for the info, Tony....:D

Actually if I read the Universal Boards correctly, the Hitchcock, building attraction is going to be Shrek, Hanna Barbera/ is to be Jimmy Neutron, and Kong area will be Tomb of the Mummy or something like that.

The Shrek 4-d will feature Ogrevision... and smellavision... remembering the movie.. one can only wonder.

Yes, the Mummy technology is slated to be very very similiar to Spiderman.. but with a different track length/ride time..

Barry, Robin, can you help me out with stats on that? I would suggest looking on the Universal board on this website to find information.. there are some former and current Universal employees who frequent that forum.

Plus, Barry, and Robin moderate it... what can be better?

Actually, this is not entirely true. Shrek 4-D is going into the old Alfred Hitchcock attraction. Kongfrontation's new occupant will be TennVolTony. He will be attacking the tram instead. :)

All kidding aside, Kongfrontation's replacement hasn't been officially released, although rumors point to a ride based on the Mummy movies.

Here's an article on Shrek 4-D:

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~20950~1113369,00.html

Also read about it here and look at some construction photos:

http://www.ioacentral.com/news/feat..._universal_orlando_resort_update_page_one.htm

Kong's replacement is likely going to be Mummy themed. There is a third movie coming out and Universal has applied for the copyrights for Mummy themed names for the ride.

Shrek 4D is going into the old Hitchcock building.

You got it wrong there Barry...it's gonna be YOU attacking tourists with your VIDEO CAM!! :p

Here's the scoop on the new ride. In addition to me attacking people with a video camera, Dan Murphy will be taking bathroom exit shots and pictures of people eating. Tony will be attacking guests with a golf club.

The souvenir photo will be $14.95. The souvenir video will be $19.95.

:)

:earseek:
sprachlos040.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter