labadee - snorkeling?

There is snorkeling and it is free if you have your own equipment. There are some paid excursions that take you to further away locations, but there is free snorkeling available as well. Only equipment rental would cost extra.

there's rental equipment at Labadee??? Don't recall seeing any when there earlier this month, or times in the past

beach snorkeling is poor to terrible ..... not worth the effort to take the equipment ....

there are boats to take you elsewhere (excursions) but most come back saying ho hum .... the area is virtually devoid of fish due to years and years of over fishing and pollution

Coco Cay on the other hand has excellent snorkeling - and rental equipment:

enhance

I totally agree that Cococay is far superior. And you may be correct in that there is no rental stand there...I always take my own, but have not been to Labadee in years. If equipment rental is available, you will be able to see it in your cruise planner and pay for it before the cruise. It may be that rental equipment is only available to those that take the excursions now that I think about it. They will however, be happy to sell you brand new equipment on board!!

Thank you guys!!

I might skip snorkeling here if it isn’t so good after all. Maybe kayak or just beach day

We rented a Cabana on Nellie's and snorkeled right from there. We saw many different fish and coral on the small reef there. We do have our own equipment, because even on excursions I wouldn't put a rental snorkel or mask on that somebody else used.

We rented a Cabana on Nellie's and snorkeled right from there. We saw many different fish and coral on the small reef there. We do have our own equipment, because even on excursions I wouldn't put a rental snorkel or mask on that somebody else used.

Thanks for the tip, but I don't think we will get a cabana this trip :)

Last year on my visit I was lucky to join my friends in their cabana at Nellie's Beach. Although it was a great day and not crowded the water conditions where not suitable for snorkeling. I would agree with a previous poster that if you are interested in snorkeling you should do a port adventure.

I've brought my own equipment to Labadee a couple of times and just gone off the beach. As others have said, there isn't much there. If your itinerary includes Roatan, Honduras I highly recommend finding a snorkeling excursion there. I've had several excellent experiences there.

I've brought my own equipment to Labadee a couple of times and just gone off the beach. As others have said, there isn't much there. If your itinerary includes Roatan, Honduras I highly recommend finding a snorkeling excursion there. I've had several excellent experiences there.

I have been to Roatan, but this trip is the ABCs, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao!

We were told that there was snorkeling equipment rental at Adrenaline Beach, but when we went to check (approx. 1 1/2 hours after arrival) we were told they were completely out. We were able to buy equipment there at $80 each but gave it a miss.

We were told that there was snorkeling equipment rental at Adrenaline Beach, but when we went to check (approx. 1 1/2 hours after arrival) we were told they were completely out. We were able to buy equipment there at $80 each but gave it a miss.

Thanks for info - my friend going with me has extra snorkeling gear so I should be good if we try

If you have the equipment and it's what you want to do, then you'll enjoy it! The snorkeling view off of the beach in Labadee is WAY better than the snorkeling view from my computer desk. Just manage those expectations

If you have the equipment and it's what you want to do, then you'll enjoy it! The snorkeling view off of the beach in Labadee is WAY better than the snorkeling view from my computer desk. Just manage those expectations

LOL, very true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter