Large Families & staying at Universal?

BigJohnDVCFam

Earning My Ears
So we are a family of six and luckily had proper guidance and assistance in planning and attending WDW. In 2018 we tried one day tickets at Universal and this time we were looking to add two or three days on at the beginning or end of our WDW stay coming this June, hence we want to stay there. My question is which hotel would be best suited for six? For example at Disney better off getting a two bedroom lockout as opposed to two studios at Poly. Two studios at All Star cheaper than Two bedroom lockout. Is there a similar situation over there? I know it's only a fraction of the rooms but just trying to do the universal part of this trip as economically as possible.

Check out the UO Cabana Bay sticky in the resorts forum

They have family suites that sleep 6 and would be, I believe, cheaper than booking two standard rooms

Also, the new Dockside and Surfside hotels have two bedroom suites for a very reasonable cost. Although they aren't within walking distance, the shuttles run very, very frequently.

I would check out Cabana Bay as well - their family suites for 6 seem like a great option. For my family of 5, half of whom hate lineups with a passion, we will be staying at one of the Premier hotels to take advantage of free express pass - but with 6, you'd need two rooms for that. Cabana Bay doesn't have the express, but the rooms for 6 look great, and their pool looks fantastic as well.

I have done the family suite at Cabana Bay and the kid suite at both Adventura and Sapphire Falls. If I had to choose again, the kid suite at Aventura was the coolest. I probably would not do the Cabana Bay one again, only because I have seen the Aventura one, not because there was anything wrong with it. Also, with the kid suites at both hotels, you can add the connecting 2 queen room next door for even more room and a second bathroom!

We travel as a family of 5. My mother and my 3 girls ages 12,11,and 7. Last trip we did a split stay at royal pacific and cabana bay family suite poolside. My two older girls love Cabana Bay! It’s there fave Orlando hotel we’ve stayed at all the Disney values, animal kingdom lodge and Caribbean beach along with some off sites and they always choose to go back to cabana bay especially for longer stays. They like the refillable cups so they can get icees they love the pools and lazy river and especially that it’s so close to volcano bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter