Large group now gigantic group!!!!

AFMom

DIS Veteran
Ok - so our large group of 10 just expanded to a huge group of 14 !!!!! There will be 5 kids ranging in age from 2 to 8 and 9 adults from about 22 to 57. This should be interesting!
Anybody out there taken this large of a group? We have park vets going with complete newbies! Any good restaurants for large groups? Suggestions for avoiding arguments (or are we just doomed?).
We plan on a large group photo in front of the Castle, hopefully a group thing on TOT and the Sun Wheel. But any other things/places etc that would be easy and fun for this large of a group to do together would be great. Thanks!!!!! :earboy2:

We did a group of 13 at Christmas of 2003. We actually went the first week of December. The age range was 5-76 with 1 person in a wheelchair. the 5 year old wanted to ride everything and the 11 year old was terrified of everything. We did most things together but we split up a lot and there were lots of times people would go back to the hotel for a rest. We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn and this worked good for us. We all ate together at Goofy's Kitchen and Storyteller Cafe but split up for other meals. We never got into arguments but there were some confusing and stressful times. I was "the leader" and in general they just did what I suggested but after a ride people would need a smoke or a drink or the restroom and once this was all completed and we were ready to move on that last person would want to run to the restroom and then someone else would decide to go get coffee. There was so much wasted time with coats and junk being passed from person to person and things happening. I could never quite figure out what all was happening between everyone and it ate up a lot of time. It works really good for there to be a plan and one person to be in charge...preferably one who isn't a newbie! ;)

one suggestion on how to avoid arguments is that always remember that with a large group there will always be something that will be disagreed upon...whether it's going to which ride first or what to eat for dinner.

I suggest to split up in small groups to do "favorite rides" first and periodically meet up for a high five (or re-group). You can meet at a specific showing of Snow White Musical.

Just remember as hard as the group leader tries, you cannot please everyone!

We are going as a group of 11. 10 adults 1 kid. Age of the adults range from 19 to 50+, the child is 9. We have decided to have one meal together a day and then go our separate ways.

Kelly

I posted a trip report of our big gathering of last December i you'd like to read that. OUr age range was 3 to 80 and we survived. We ate most of our meals together, especially dinner but had to split up some for rides. I think we had a great time considering all the moods, crowds, meltdowns and my 69 year old cancer patient mom getting sick one night. My brother and I swapped kids a few times, he'd take our older kids with him and his wife so they could ride the thrill rides. My kids know Disneyland like the back of their hands (they are 8 and 10) so they could play tour guide while I took care of my nieces. I'd give my brother my cell phone and then he'd call me on my husband's when they were done and I would tell my son where to bring everybody. Once my son brought the entire crowd to our parade spot I was saving. Kind of funny, this 10 year old kid bringing a crowd 9 others to where DH and I were! It was a crazy Sunday afternoon and he kept turning around yelling "Stay with me!" Go with few expectations, make sure you have ps' and if it gets touchy go your separate ways for a few hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter