• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

large parties

MickDaddy

Earning My Ears
We'll be leaving for the owrld in about 2 weeks. Will be with two families for a total of 8 people. Would appreciate any suggestions on resturants that cater to larger groups.

Thanks!:confused:

I've traveled twice with a party of 11 and even have some reservations for a party of 15 this year. Most character meals will accomidate you- just make your PS early. 8 isn't that bad, you don't even get transferred to group dining for this many- I don't think. So, if I were you, I'd make sure to make PS arrangements, just to be sure you get to eat where and when you want.

I would go ahead and make PSs for the popular restaurants you might want to go to. These might be PT Cafe, Cal Grill, Whispering Canyon, Cindy's, Ltt, Flying Fish or any chararcter meal.

Some of the restaurants I have seen that handled larger parties well were Yachtsmans St, Flying Fish, Ltt, Mama Melrose, Misokoshi Teppanyaki, Germany, China, Concourse St.

Have a wonderful time.

I too am traveling with a party of 8 in November. I went ahead and made all our PSs early. I'm glad I did because the CM told me some times were already gone for the party of our size. We had to adjust just a little. At Sci-Fi, they had to break us up into 2 parties of 4 and could not guarantee that we would sit together. I'm not too worried as they made the PS for 11:05 a.m. (strange time). I know they open at 11 so we will just get there just before 11 and ask to be seated together. I don't think there will be a problem.

Anyway, I would definitely make as many PSs as possible if you are planning to be all together at times you want.

Dear Disneyolic,

I'am so glad you told me that. I have tendency to not believe the extended PS ressie times that are recommended and usually wait until the last minute to secure reservations, but this time travelling with a group larger than what I was use to, I was a little unsure as to what to do. Breaking the group into smaller components would be great because it would consist of adults at one table and teens and keddies at another would be ideal, especially since these kids know how to behave themselves, and would like nothing more than to eat without the adults staring them in the face.

Mickdaddy:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter