Last minute surprise trip stress...

AlwaysEeyore

Always Gloomy . . . except in "The World"
DH & I are flying in early 12/13/18 to surprise family, we know they will be at Epcot that day. Our plane lands at 9am, we will not be checking any bags. Should we take ME or Uber to OKW to check in and get our Magic Bands? We want to get there as quick as possible so we can get to Epcot before they take their mid-day break.

Open to suggestions on how to surprise them also, hoping to just walk up while they are distracted and say Hi, but there's 8 of them so one of them is bound to see us coming.

DH & I are flying in early 12/13/18 to surprise family, we know they will be at Epcot that day. Our plane lands at 9am, we will not be checking any bags. Should we take ME or Uber to OKW to check in and get our Magic Bands? We want to get there as quick as possible so we can get to Epcot before they take their mid-day break.

Open to suggestions on how to surprise them also, hoping to just walk up while they are distracted and say Hi, but there's 8 of them so one of them is bound to see us coming.

If you arrive at 9am and you can get on a bus right away then if all goes well you could be at the resort by 10:30 if you take ME, Uber might be quicker but then you are paying for that service. If you get checked in you could be at Epcot between 11-12pm. Not sure when they will take their break but even when you get to the park -- how do you plan on finding them? Do you have their plans - know their ADR or FP times? Any way you can let one of them in on the secret? Otherwise I think it would be like trying to find a needle in a hay stake tracking someone down in Epcot or any park.

If your plane runs late then you might miss them depending upon their break time.

Are you flying with an airline with free baggage? One option would be to check a bag and let magical express take care of your luggage. Then take an Uber direct to the parks and use old magic bands (assuming you have some) to get in the park.

They are staying at POP so they will go back there to take a break, just don't know when that will be. Depends on how his Aunt who has cancer is feeling. We know their ADR and Fastpass times, but we will be texting them while they are there asking "Where are you know?" "Send me a pic of what you're eating" etc. My daughter, who isn't going, will also be stalking her cousins location on Snap Chat so we can narrow it down some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!