Last minute trip what shall we eat?

ljcrochet

DIS Veteran
Hi! Welcome aboard! I figured since I like reading Dining reports, I would try to write one up.
My girls were off from school Friday 10/19. Disney is a 3 -4 hour drive. We needed 2 more days to get Food and wine cutting board. We also wanted a relaxing trip before our next trip with 11 of us.

You're probably wondering who we are:

Me: :tinker: We just moved from NY to Southern Florida, so i'm currently staying home getting everything set up as spending time volunteering remotely with the dog rescue that we adopted our 2 dogs from.

DH: :mickeyjum loves Disney. And loves disney food. He is the reason we moved to Florida.
In April, DH and I stopped eating meat and became vegetarians. In August we did both add seafood back into our diets when eating out.

DD1: :tink:13 years old, between our September trip and this one she also became a vegetarian

DD2: ::MinnieMo 13 years old, she will not eat pork but still eats other meats.

I have food pictures and a fun review of a trip basically planned in under 2 weeks. We didn't book this trip till 10/6.
What shall we eat?

Last edited:
Hitting the road Friday 10/19:
Plan was to hit the road by 7:30 be at the dog boarding place by 8 when they opened to drop off the dogs. Get to Hollywood studios with enough time to walk around, DD2 wanted to check out the soccer store for a Tobin Heath Jersey. We had a noon lunch reservation at Maria and Enzo's. If I had been thinking, I would have either had it later or not kept it just because it made timing tighter than i wanted. I'm no sure when DH booked the 2 ADR, I'm thinking he did them after we booked the rooms.

That Friday morning was a little crazy since we first had to pack. I was the only person in my house who set an alarm, so i think we pulled out of the driveway at 7:45. DH had wanted to bring some pins and a disney hat, but couldn't find the disney duffle bag that had both things.

We made it to Maria and Enzo's before noon but didn't have time to shop.
Maria and Enzo's has a 40% off during lunch for AP that excluded alcohol. I asked before I ordered if i got a drink would we be able to use tables in wonderland. Waiter said yes. I started with

DD2 started with a strawberry lemonade
Untitled
I think DH had water and DD1 had a few ginger ales.
We started with the bread
Untitled
Both girls had caesar salad. Don't tell the girls it might have anchovies in it.
Untitled
DH had the Rigatoni 'Norma' "Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Olives, Raisins, Pine Nuts, Chile, Ricotta Salata"

made sicilian style so no raisins or pine nuts based on the waiters recommendation.
Untitled

DD1 had
Three Cheese Ravioli
Parmesan, Smoked Prosciutto and Ricotta Ravioli, Tomato Sauce, Toasted Garlic, Almond Pesto

Untitled

I had
Mozzarella Caprese sandwich
Tomato, Zucchini, Pistachio Pesto on Country Bread and served with crispy Handmade Pasta Chips

Untitled

After 3 of us had our food, waiter came over to tell us DD2's pizza would be a little longer. It was actually a lot longer. In fact I don't seem to have a picture of the pizza.

We all enjoyed the meal, in fact we did talk about trying Enzo's hideaway.

It took a while to get the check and was told we could not use the TIW discount on the wine flight while using the AP discount. Since it took so long to actually get the check, we didn't try and see if they could put the wine flight on a separate check.

Next up: did we have time for all of our shopping before we left Disney Springs?

Following along- I was Vegan for 5 years then Vegetarian for about 3 years then added Fish and seafood to my diet. Perfect!
So love reading Dining reports with my similar eating style.

Following along- I was Vegan for 5 years then Vegetarian for about 3 years then added Fish and seafood to my diet. Perfect!
So love reading Dining reports with my similar eating style.
Thanks for joining in!

We started to walk around disney springs. We past the gelato shop. Saw an ad for the chocolate cauldron shake and the cannoli shake. Too bad we were all too full for dessert.

We had a fast pass for 3:10-4:10 o for test track and it was already 2. So we cut our disney springs short and went to SSR our home for the night. Our room wasn't ready yet but I could see the bus times. We parked near the last bus stop since we didn't know our section. MDE really should give you an idea of where your room is. Kind of like when the front desk would circle a building or section on the map.

As we were waiting in the line outside to use our fastpass, there was announcements that the ride could be stopped if the weather was bad. We went to stand on our circle, when they stopped ride. People went to ask questions and came back to tell their party that they said if we left we would have to complain at Guest relations to get a fast pass.
Since it was pouring, we just sat and waited for a while before deciding to leave. I think we left the line about an hour later. We did get a CM to give us a fast past to come back later in the day. We walked over to the DVC lounge and sat and relaxed a bit before heading to the NEMO ride. For the first time in a while, we looked at the Manatees and the sharks in the living with the seas building before heading back to test track. We got there as they reopened it.
I still miss the old test track.

Once we got out we were starting to get hungry. DH started to look at the MDE app to see where we should eat.

Reactions: DLo
We were trying to figure out where to eat and DH notices a 7:20 ADR for nine dragons. We have never eaten there so I told DH to book it. Only issue was the app wouldn't let him. Not sure why.
I said lets just walk and try try and get in. It was maybe 7 o'clock or a little before. I explained we saw the 7:20 ADR but couldn't book it any chance we could get in?
We were shown to our table right away.
DH got a beer
Untitled

We started off with 2 order ofs Vegetable spring rolls to share. I seem to have been too hungry to take a picture.

DD1 really wanted Vegetable fried rice but was told it is made with chicken broth, same as the noodles that are on the menu. So she ordered
Vegetable and Tofu Stir Fry Untitled
DH ordered Kung Pao Shrimp after being told the spinach noodles had chicken broth
Untitled by LJcrochet, on Flickr
Not sure if you can tell but instead of kung pao shrimp, he got a shrimp and broccoli stirfry since the kung pao shrimp is made with chicken broth
DD2 ordered honey chicken Untitled

I decided not to order a meal since DD1 usually doesn't finish and there was some ice cream I wanted. I helped both DH and DD1 with their dishes.

We split an order of Banana Cheesecake Eggrolls with vanilla ice cream. I think only DD2 and DH ate the eggroll part. I know I didn't have any since I don't like bananas
Nine dragons

It was a very yummy meal. We would be back if we are in Epcot and are hungry.

Joining in! Last minute trips are the best!

Overall looks like a good start! Nine dragons seems like a good last minute option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!