Late check out?

skorpie

Love the magic
We've rented points from a member and will be at OKW July 10. Does anyone know or have suggestions about how to spend our last day-our flight isn't until 9PM. We'd like to go EE to the park of the day but come back and possibly swim at OKW. Can we ask for a later check out- like 1PM? Is there a place to change into our dry clothes if we can't use our room? Does anyone have any ideas how to spend the later part of the day remembering that it will be HOT! Thanks

Bell Services will store your luggage for you and there are changing rooms and showers available in the locker room area.

There is no late check-out, 11AM is the time, but you can swim and enjoy the parks on your last day.

Enjoy!

I used an extra nights points for my daughter as a college graduation present so she could travel to OKW this past June. They had a 6pm flight and I wanted her to have the use of a room so I resigned myself to using the points even though she would not be sleeping at the room the last night. On checkout my daughter was told by a desk cm at 4:15 pm that if she had checked out earlier at 3 to 4pm the last night's points might have been able to be credited back to our account but that the points would be restricted to being use for a reservation no more than 30 days away. I know this is a less than perfect situation unless you take another vacation at short notice but it may be an option. As far as late checkouts go I think this would have a domino effect and we all would be forced to check in even later than the customary 4pm because everyone would want to do it. What you would gain on the one hand you might lose from the other hand. hope this helps.

At BWV, we have called in the morning and told them we needed until 12 to check out and that has been no problem (the cause of our delay is always the snail pace of certain members of the family in packing), thus they will grant reasonable requests -- I just don't know if 1 oclock is going too far.

Skorpie - Doc's reply is your best bet. The main pool at OKW has changing rooms with showers, lockers, etc. and you can leave your luggage with the bell people when you "check out". Enjoy the parks and then come back for a swim. You really need only keep a small duffel/backpack for your swim gear and to change again. Utilize the lockers. Have a great trip!:earsgirl: :wave:

I personally spoke to DVC management the last week of May and the policy is to NOT allow any late checkouts at the DVC resorts at this time. As Doc stated, Bell Services will gladly store your luggage and you may use the resort amenities, but you will not be able to remain in your room past check out time. Makes sense to me, since we all like to check in as soon as possible when we arrive, that they would require maximum cleaning time for the DVC units. :D

A day at Disney Quest is a great way to spend your last day. It's air conditioned, no need to change your clothes and lots of fun. It's easy to spend 4-6 hours there. Also, you can get your hand stamped and re-enter if you want to browse Downtown Disney or go eat someplace else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter