Late Dec/Early Jan Theme Park Hours & Entertainment?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hey all,

We're contemplating taking a trip to the Disneyland Resort after Christmas this year, staying through the beginning of the New Year (possibly looking at December 27th - Jan 4th or so). I am just trying to think out some of our plans but I am curious on something... I'm sure it's still considered the holiday season so I am just curious on what kind of theme park hours and entertainment schedule we might be looking at for this time. We typically visit during HalloweenTime when later hours and full entertainment schedules only really take place Friday through Sunday, Halloween parties aside. During the immediate post-Christmas time, do the parks stay open late each night, even on weekdays? Could I have some examples of what park hours might be? What about stuff like Fantasmic! and fireworks? Do they also have showtimes during the week as well? Or is it limited only to weekends??

Thank you!

You are planning on being there during the busiest time of the year. The parks should be operating on their full schedule daily (long hours and all entertainment (although no one knows what is happening with WoC)).

What Figment said. We have been once before during that time (and plan to go again during that same time this year). One thing to consider is fireworks being called off because of wind. When we went a couple years ago the same time, we were there 5 days in the parks and only 1 of those days did we actually get to see the fireworks. Rest of the days they were cancelled because of wind. So just something to think about while planning. It is busy as heck, but you know what, when isn't it anymore? Try and have fun and plan as many days in the parks as you can to spread it out (so you dont feel rushed to do everything). See you there!

Oh! Just a little more to inquire about...

What about immediately after the holidays end on the 7th? How are the park hours... do they get completely decimated? Could I perhaps get an approximation of what kind of hours I could expect during the week of the 7th? In terms of Remember Dreams Come True coming back after, does it return on the following Friday, Saturday, Sunday? Do many attractions go down for refurb immediately following the holiday season?

Any info would be appreciated!

Last edited:

What about immediately after the holidays end on the 7th? How are the park hours... do they get completely decimated? Could I perhaps get an approximation of what kind of hours I could expect during the week of the 7th? In terms of Remember Dreams Come True coming back after, does it return on the following Friday, Saturday, Sunday? Do many attractions go down for refurb immediately following the holiday season?

Following the holiday season HMH will go down for 10 day (Monday through the following Thursday reopening on that Friday) and then SWH will go down that Monday after HM comes back up. Fireworks will return the following Friday unknown which show at this time but likely RDCT. I would expect park hours of opening at 9/10 and closing at 8/9 on Monday-Thursday. Friday-Sunday should open 8/9 and closing will be 11/12 for Disneyland and 9/10 for DCA.

Last year’s hours: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm?month=1&year=2018

Yes they will be decimated. No crowds = no reason for extended hours or extra entertainment. (But no crowds isn’t true because AP Blockouts for all will be lifted Jan 7.)

The days you are considering at first are literally the busiest days of the year for Disneyland. You can expect the park to potentially reach capacity so do your research here on Christmas to New Years crowds to make sure it’s something you actually want. Plenty of people still have great times, but it’s not for everyone. The trade off as you can see to those crowds is hours dropping, entertainment dropping & refurbs rising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter