Late flight arrival, what hotel do you recommend for a 1 night?

I just priced the Hyatt for our date, $201.38 (including tax) on Hotels.com. If I added a night at Yacht Club it would be $396.56 for the same night, that is with a 25% off PIN. (My dates are in June). That doesn't seem like a bad price at Hyatt considering we could hit pillows sooo much faster.

I apologize for asking what probably seems like a silly question, but I've never done a split stay. (However, our actual trip will be my first split btw YC & BCV.) If I stayed onsite for my late night arrival say at POP, why would I need to go to the Yacht Club at all the next morning if I do online checkin. I guess I assumed I could leave my bags with guest services for them to move over, and I could go directly to the park then head to the YC whenever my room was ready. I thought that was the point of online checkin, my magic band would be active and ready to go with my park tickets linked. Is this not correct?

Thanks again for all the responses! I love getting others POV.

I just priced the Hyatt for our date, $201.38 (including tax) on Hotels.com. If I added a night at Yacht Club it would be $396.56 for the same night, that is with a 25% off PIN. (My dates are in June). That doesn't seem like a bad price at Hyatt considering we could hit pillows sooo much faster.

I apologize for asking what probably seems like a silly question, but I've never done a split stay. (However, our actual trip will be my first split btw YC & BCV.) If I stayed onsite for my late night arrival say at POP, why would I need to go to the Yacht Club at all the next morning if I do online checkin. I guess I assumed I could leave my bags with guest services for them to move over, and I could go directly to the park then head to the YC whenever my room was ready. I thought that was the point of online checkin, my magic band would be active and ready to go with my park tickets linked. Is this not correct?

You wouldn't. We never go to our next hotel in the morning. (and there are no silly questions)
When we do the late night Value resort stay we get to the resort, have all we need in our carry on bag. We ask the resort to hold our bags for the night. Next day, we take our carry on bags over to the bell services counter (I think it has a different name at the Value resorts) and give them our bags, tell them we have ME bags being held and we want them all sent to X resort. They'll give us a receipt for them all and remind us it will be between 3, 5 when the make it. We hit the bus for the park, stay all day. By the time we are ready to head to our resort, we'll have our room and our bags will have been moved. We don't spend more than 5, 10 min dropping our bags off.

We came in late and decided to spend the night in the hotel there at the airport. We used Priceline and got a great rate. When I set up DME I just told them we were coming in the night before but wanted to wait until the next day to get our bus. She just entered us in the reservation as though we were on the 7am DME arrivals.

We used Priceline and got a great rate.

Did you have a good idea that it was the Hyatt prior to booking, assuming you used the secret hotel option? I can typically tell on Hotwire the Hyatt & Grand Hyatt located at DFW, but I've never tried Priceline, and I'm certainly not knowledgable enough about the hotels near MCO.

DW and I just did trip to in Oct. to W&F stating at BCV. We flew in late, thinking 10:30-11pm. Staying at Airport Hyatt was very convenient, no wait for and then drive on magic express and getting settled in resort room. Check in at Hyatt, go to room and crash for an early morning wake up. Since Epcot was opening at 8 we were up and on the express by 7-7:15. Took luggage to bell service to hold for us and walked to the park, got there shortly after rope drop. Thinking it's most economical and convenient choice for just a bed for a few hours. Room service runs late too, so able to order something if your hungry.

Magic band will (should) work first day of reservation if online check in completed for room(once ready, they'll email or text room info) charges (if set up) and tickets (if linked).

Did you have a good idea that it was the Hyatt prior to booking, assuming you used the secret hotel option? I can typically tell on Hotwire the Hyatt & Grand Hyatt located at DFW, but I've never tried Priceline, and I'm certainly not knowledgable enough about the hotels near MCO.

DH always does it, and I may have misremembered. I just asked him about it and he can't remember if we used PL or not.

We stayed at a Value for one night before heading to BWI. When we left All Star Movies we sent our bags to BWI with guest services and headed to MK. There was a glitch at MK with our Magic Bands and we were told that the bands hadn't been activated because we didn't check in at BWI. Guest services fixed it, but we missed the opening show.

Since you're staying at YC, you might just uber/lyft there, check in at the desk and walk to Epcot.

We've done three split stays (not including the night at ASM) for various reasons, usually to keep the cost of the trip down. Bell services makes it really easy and it's fun to have a change of scenery. We always plan to go to a moderate first, then a deluxe, so the upgrade is super nice!

We are staying near MCO. It was $50 total for the room, free shuttle to/from MCO, and free breakfast. We are choosing not to use DME. Uber and Lyft are about $35. In the time to load stuff on shuttle, haul it to DME, wait for bus, and be on our way, we would already be at the resort to drop stuff off.

Due to airlines flight change we will arrive a night ahead of our WDW stay.
We decided on Best Western for $70 with a free shuttle to hotel and back to the airport.

When you get a free shuttle do you tip the driver and if so how much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!