Latest Artisti Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1) I seldom post "rumors" unless I have heard AT LEAST two confirmations.
2) From a meeting 2-weeks ago, I have heard that Artist Point (AP) will become a character meal all day (B-L-D).
3) It is unknown if AP status as a Signature Dinner will have to be downgraded.
4) Whispering Canyon Café (WCC) theming WILL be changed, but details are still vague (VERY vague).

NOTE:
There are no dates discussed for AP or WCC changes.
Also, the characters for AP are still "under consideration".
Yes, I have heard LOTS of speculation, but not from the same sources, so I shall not list those "guesses".
I will update any info as it becomes available.

TRS Thanks for the updates but have to ask the all important question, "Are any of the sources bus drivers?"
I am a tad suspicious about WCC. In the form letter I got regarding the "Loss" of antics and hijinxs there I was assured there would be plenty of them to keep my son amused, entertained and engaged should we choose to go for MY birthday during our up coming trip in Dec. Still waiting to learn the identity of my Son and his mother. A minor detail I am sure they will clarify

I had heard rumors about WC was going to do away with the "antics" . The menu looked good, but I know DH and DS would not have done well with the noise level tbere

We loved the antics at WC that is what made it worthwhile. Watching the other diners interact with the wait staff, our interaction with the wait staff. If they do away with the antics, it will just be another boring eatery.

I think it has been mentioned else where, but if they do away with the 'fun' at WCC, they better upgrade the menu quite a bit. We certainly didn't go for the food.

j

I seem to remember in the fog of my brain from years past that Artist Point was years ago a place for Character meals. I seem to remember my kids being scared of the costumed characters (Pooh comes to mind) and shying away from them. Since they watched the characters with an eagle eye in case they came near (and they could hide), they didn't eat the food (breakfast?) worth a squat.

That was money well spent. :rolleyes:

So maybe AP it "going back to its roots" from some time in the past.

Getting a unique "brand" for your restaurants (whether it's the quality of the food, a different menu, characters not commonly found, or a unique customer experience) is what they are looking for.

Bama Ed

Lucille read a story today on WDWNT.com that says normal antics at WCC are in full swing but at a much lower volume

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!