Laundry at Aulani

DizneyLizzy

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering about laundry at Aulani.

1. If staying on points, is it free like at WDW?
2. If paying cash, how much is the self-service laundry?
3. Is there detergent for sale?

Are you in a studio / hotel room or a villa? Villas all have a washer and dryer in the suites and are given a supply of washing liquid and dryer sheets. If you stay in cash these are replenished daily if needed.

If you’re staying in a studio on points, you can use the laundry on the first floor. You get tokens for the washers and dryers from the front desk and you can get them daily. It costs 4 each tokens to wash and dry. If you have to pay, the token machine is in the laundry room and I think you get 8 or 10 tokens for whatever the cost is. I don’t remember if you have to use a credit card for the tokens. In my experience, the washing machine token receptacle in the Ewa tower was very temperamental. Several of us had to call maintenance because we put the tokens in and the machine wouldn’t start. Just make sure you get your tokens back if that happens.

Hopefully someone else can confirm, but recent reports have said that DVC members only get free laundry tokens now. In other words, if you are staying on rented points and are not a DVC owner, they will not provide them to you. This may be dependent on the CM or may be a new policy - I can't confirm.

In our experience a few years ago, we stayed on rented points and requested laundry tokens and they gave them to us for free. We only did two loads in one day, so I don't know whether they'd give you more every day. There is one laundry room in each tower and there were only 2 washers in one and 3 in the other. One was out of order and the others were full, so I had to haul our laundry to the other tower. Luckily, the machines work quickly and efficiently, but it was enough of a hassle that I didn't want to do laundry more than once during our stay.

They do sell detergent in the laundry rooms, but we brought Tide pods and a couple dryer sheets from home which worked well.

So staying in a studio on points means you can get some tokens each day for free?

I’m a DVC member and I always stay in a studio when I visit Aulani, WDW, or DL. During my recent visit to Aulani in December, I was told by the CM at guest services that I could get tokens from guest services every day for the laundry. I didn’t need to, but it was nice to know it was an option. I’ve never had to pay to use the guest laundry while staying in a studio and I always stay on points. Just remember to ask the front desk what the procedure for using the laundry is. I know the Grand Cal gives you a laundry card to use but you have to get it from the front desk. It’s been a while since I’ve done laundry at WDW, but at BLT I just remember going in the laundry room and using the machines. I don’t remember having to pay. DCL is the only place I’ve paid to do laundry.

I paid cash for my reservation. I was shocked that a load of laundry cost $8. Needed clean clothes though so I just put my credit card in that damn token machine and went on with my day.

I’m a DVC member and I always stay in a studio when I visit Aulani, WDW, or DL. During my recent visit to Aulani in December, I was told by the CM at guest services that I could get tokens from guest services every day for the laundry. I didn’t need to, but it was nice to know it was an option. I’ve never had to pay to use the guest laundry while staying in a studio and I always stay on points. Just remember to ask the front desk what the procedure for using the laundry is. I know the Grand Cal gives you a laundry card to use but you have to get it from the front desk. It’s been a while since I’ve done laundry at WDW, but at BLT I just remember going in the laundry room and using the machines. I don’t remember having to pay. DCL is the only place I’ve paid to do laundry.

Ok thanks for the info

I would also like to add that we ended up going down daily for our tokens because they only wanted to give us enough for 1 load on the day I needed to do laundry and I had more then 1 load. They said that there was a daily limit. We were staying for 2 weeks and so after that, I just went down and go my daily tokens to save up for laundry day.

So can you get enough tokens in one day to wash and dry 1 load of laundry, or do you need to go multiple times to get enough tokens?

So can you get enough tokens in one day to wash and dry 1 load of laundry, or do you need to go multiple times to get enough tokens?

They might have changed things, we went a couple of years ago. But we were there for a few days already and wanted to do laundry so I went down to get my tokens and the guy said that I can only get enough tokens a day for 1 load. There was some back and forth that I had more then one load and that if I had know, I would have gone down daily and basically, what is the difference between giving me enough for 3 loads in one day as opposed to going down daily. It did not make sense. They might have changed it since then, IDK. But we had been at DL for 3 days before so we had some laundry to do right away. Then I found that one of the dryers did not even need tokens. LOL I did bring my own laundry soap.

When I was there, the CM gave me 12 tokens at one time. It takes 4 tokens to wash and 4 tokens to dry one load, so they should at least give you 8 a day.

Sounds like it depends upon which cast member you get. Our DVC home resort is Aulani and we frequently stay in studios. Every time we have stayed and asked for the tokens...they ask how many we need. Have had no issues getting enough tokens for our entire stay at one time. Never have we been told that there is a daily limit.

Sounds like it depends upon which cast member you get. Our DVC home resort is Aulani and we frequently stay in studios. Every time we have stayed and asked for the tokens...they ask how many we need. Have had no issues getting enough tokens for our entire stay at one time. Never have we been told that there is a daily limit.

That's good to know. I think one of the guys that I got was sticking to the rules pretty hard. I think it is silly since they end up giving you the same amount in the end anyway.

Just returned this weekend, we had a split stay, 2 nights in hotel and 2 nights in DVC room. When I checked in for my DVC room I was offered tokens for laundry, she did not ask how many I needed and counted out 12 tokens. Each wash load costs 4 tokens, or if you were to buy them it's $2 a token. The dryer costs 4 tokens as well. It was enough for our 2 wash loads and combined dryer load. The laundry room in the Ewa Tower is located in the mid entrance on 1st floor, room on the left, you can even see it from outside. There was 3 washing machines and 6 dryers. I did not use it in the Waiane Tower. Hope this helps.

When I was there in Jan, one CM gave me 12 - the limit for the day. Another said I was not supposed to get them but gave me some anyway since I had gotten some previously. So it may depend on who you get.

Does Aulani have dry cleaning or other laundry services that aren’t self serve? I don’t remember any the last time we were there but this time we may need to do laundry and I would rather not do it myself. (It’s vacation for a reason, LOL!)

We stayed on rented points and the CM said the complimentary tokens were only for DVC members. I only asked the one CM and then resorted to just purchasing tokens in the laundry room. As others have mentioned it’s 4 tokens to wash and 4 to dry, for a total of $8. I brought Tide pods, so did not take notice of the detergent price.

Depends on the CM. I’ve been asked how many I wanted, and I’ve also been given enough for one load another time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter