Laundry

Amy5000

Mouseketeer
Hi all. When reading the thread about the "Wierd" laundry experience, I figured I ask this question of you well traveled DVCers: We're planning our first trip to SSR in a studio, with a family of four including 2 little ones. How difficult is it to do laundry? Are there enough washer/dryers in different places so that it's not so difficult to get access to them? Are they located in every building and every floor? (It's just reminding me of those times I used to have to deal with apartment/dorm living...).

Thanks in advance for any info.

Amy

SSR (and OKW) do not have any laundry facilities in the villa buildings themselves.

At these resorts, Laundry is located next to each of the pools.

Only BCV, BWV, and VWL have laundry rooms located within the villa buildings themselves.

We've only stayed at Congress Park but I can tell you that there the laundry room is right by the pool. I have never had any problems doing laundry but I usually pick a time in the morning when there are few people around. There are two washers and two dryers. They are free...just push in the empty coin slots...but bring quarters for the soap boxes. I think there is a dollar/five dollar change machine also. You can throw in your laundry and go sit by the pool for awhile...very relaxing.

SSR (and OKW) do not have any laundry facilities in the villa buildings themselves.

At these resorts, Laundry is located next to each of the pools.

There are two washers and two dryers.

Ok...so at SSR, which appears to have 11 buildings with probably a lot of studios there are six washer/dryer combos (3 pools with 2 w/d combos per pool). I was going to underpack and wash clothes...but maybe not...

The laundries at each of the pools are the smaller ones. If you don't mind or you are located close to the main pool, the laundry on the main street is much larger. We have never had trouble getting a washer/dryer at the laundry. Most people really don't want to wash on vacation anyway. Also, alot of the studios you talk about at SSR could be being used as a lock-off part of a two bedroom and they have their own washers/dryers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter