Laundry

frostymom

Mouseketeer
I'm taking my sons on a 12 night holiday cruise, Grandeur of the seas in December. Are there laundry facilities on the ship to do my own laundry? Any tips appreciated!

I'm taking my sons on a 12 night holiday cruise, Grandeur of the seas in December. Are there laundry facilities on the ship to do my own laundry? Any tips appreciated!
No, RCCL does not have laundry facilities on their ships. They usually offer a special during your cruise to launder a small bag of clothing, but it is not cheap.
Denise

the all you can stuff for $30 is limited to things like tee shirts and undies. dry cleaning is actually fairly comparable to a large metropolitan area (it was actually cheaper to do his Dress Mess uniform on board than it was to get it in done in DC)

Be aware that people on cruisecrotic say that everything will be washed together and in hot water then dried on high heat. The laundry option isn't for delicates.

The dry cleaning is good though. Cheaper than our local cleaners that's for sure! And the pressing option is terrific.

On longer cruises, we will do the stuff a bag (for lack of a better term) and if I bring a suit coat I will have it pressed early in the cruise. I also get very creative when packing to fit everything and keep the bag underweight for the airlines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter