Let’s reschedule for 2021! Who’s in?

sydneysmom

DIS Veteran
I wanted to start a thread the has something happy to look forward to. We just had to cancel our trip in June, and we decided we will instead go in June 2021. While I’m sad about it.....it was a year in the planning, as you all know from experience, I am looking at it as a ‘dry run’. The nice thing is, it was 90% paid for, (on Disney gift cards, no less), so now it's money in Mickey’s bank’ until we can book again.
next week would have been my fast pass week. Yeah. All the emotions that go with that one.

However, in 2021..... it’s the 50th anniversary! Tron will hopefully be open, Space 220 will hopefully be open, Ratatouille will hopefully be open, Rise of the Resistance might be in a fast pass group, a lot of Epcot might be completed, and so much more! When I sat down with my daughter, to kind of break it to her, she surprised me.... she was happy about it. 😳😳 She said ‘ now we still have it to look forward to, and think of all the fun things they’ll do for the anniversary!”. Wise words, oh 14 year old! So since we’ll still be putting money in the vacation fund, we’ll add another day to our trip for all the new fun.

How many others are bumping it to next year? Tell me what you’re most excited about when you go! Let’s spread a little tiny bit of hope and happiness! 🎉🎉🎉

We are pretty much in the same boat as you! Haven't been to Disney since 2014, & currently have an early July 2020 reservation that we booked last year. But, yesterday I called to book a "backup" reservation for July 2021 in case we decide to cancel our July trip this summer. It just isn't looking too good! But, like you said, there's a lot to look forward to for next year with the new rides & 50th anniversary! Plus we'd have another year to save more money :)

I just canceled my mid-May trip. My current AP expires 12-12, before the extension. Since it looks as if the parks will be closed for quite a while, my pass *may* be extended into late January. If so, I will probably try to squeeze in one more trip In early 2021. Always gotta look for the silver lining! ::yes::

We were already planning on an April 2021 trip, I keep waiting to call to book so I don't have to spend hours on hold but I might just have to suck it up and do it. It will be a Christmas surprise and my kids are home so I might have to go sit in the car!
I was surprised yesterday when I called to rebook. It was about 5pm EST and I got through right away! So hopefully that’ll happen for you too.

We had a trip planned for late April...because of booking and points, etc. we needed to get something on the books for sooner than 2021...We're going, fingers crossed mid-October, 2020!

We are going in 2021 for our Honeymoon but I feel bad for all of the cancelled trips this year. If you had your trip cancelled, maybe go later and grab the free dining offer.

Sorry to all those that have had trips cancelled this year :sad: Even though it's for the best, it's still disappointing.

We did not have a trip planned for this year but with all that's going on, our household could certainly use something to look forward to. We haven't been to WDW since Nov 2017 & that feels like an eternity. I'm trying to talk DH into an Oct 2021 trip for the 50th anniversary and maybe even a short cruise at the end. We need a little positivity with all that is going on right now!

We didn’t have a trip cancelled but we decided to push out our April 2021 trip to November 2021. I really want to see 50th anniversary stuff and I’m sure construction will be delayed with the closure and social distancing guidelines. Pushing it out allows us to definitely partake in the new attractions. More time to save!

We are bumping to next year too.* Both Disney and Delta gave us a refund so we will simply rebook for next year. We always like to go in March or April. Summer, fall and winter don't really work for us.
* I should have added: if it is safe to travel in 2021.

Last edited:
For those who have are rescheduling, you will have an extra year to plan. Will you save up some extra funds to possible upgrade your resort or length of trip? Maybe plan an extra special dining reservation or maybe add a trip to the beach onto your vacation? All kinds of possibilities.

We are! We cancelled our 5/2 - 5/11 trip and plan to rebook for the end of May next year, around my actual birthday. We are naturally upset especially since this was going to be our first club level stay, at the Poly, but to give ourselves something to look forward to we are going to stay CL but as a GF/Poly split stay. The main building at the GF has been a childhood dream of mine, and since me and my partner both turn 40 next year we decided to do something extra special with the extra time we have to save.

We are! We cancelled our 5/2 - 5/11 trip and plan to rebook for the end of May next year, around my actual birthday. We are naturally upset especially since this was going to be our first club level stay, at the Poly, but to give ourselves something to look forward to we are going to stay CL but as a GF/Poly split stay. The main building at the GF has been a childhood dream of mine, and since me and my partner both turn 40 next year we decided to do something extra special with the extra time we have to save.
🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 That is so awesome! what an amazing trip you have waiting for you! Our first booked trip was May 30 GF lagoon view.....we had to cancel that.... so all we could get ( for the next week) was the Poly standard view. then we had to cancel that one.... so for 2021, I’m going back to the original plan at the GF.
make sure you wear your birthday buttons when you go..... it was my birthday when we took our 2010 trip and people were so sweet! ( and the GF does some pretty special things..... they put a big choc Mickey in our room with balloons. I hope your new trip is so wonderful!! ❤️❤️

That's an awesome plan! The main building at the GF is AMAZING! It will make a perfect 40th birthday present :love:

Our postponement is also allowing us some time to save extra and I’m hopeful we can stay a few nights club level at WL! I want to try it at least once in my life. Never done CL

We weren't booked for this year but I was planning on going with just DS next year for his 21st birthday. Now I'm thinking of making it a family trip since we will all need it! I talked to my SO and he says he's in. It'll be great if everything goes as planned for the 50th. Here's to hoping for a great discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter