Let’s Talk Mask Designs and Styles!

Has anyone done workouts with masks? If so, which ones worked well? I've gone to a spin class, but they gave us shields, so I wore that instead of the mask. My barre studio is opening for outdoor classes, so I want to be prepared just in case we need masks.
I've heard good reviews about the masks from Under Armour and Bloch, but haven't yet tried those myself.

So, now that we're into fall, have survived summer, are dealing with the smoke and bad air issues, and have yet to face the October heat In SoCal -- what are your favorite masks now after putting various styles/fabrics/brands/etc to the test? For work? play? workouts? DTD? WDW? More reviews, please!

So, now that we're into fall, have survived summer, are dealing with the smoke and bad air issues, and have yet to face the October heat In SoCal -- what are your favorite masks now after putting various styles/fabrics/brands/etc to the test? For work? play? workouts? DTD? WDW? More reviews, please!
I have to give Disney props for the new style masks they recently released. I bought a 2-pack of the Halloween masks in XL online and they are more comfortable (not as hot) than the first version masks. Sizing seems to have improved a bit, at least in the ones I received. The XL seems slightly larger than the previous XL ones I bought, not pulling on my ears as much as the first ones.

Related to masks, has anyone purchased "lipstick savers" - forms designed to fit underneath your mask and hold the mask away from your nose/mouth? Supposedly these make mask-wearing easier since the mask doesn't "suck in" whenever you breathe.

I have to give Disney props for the new style masks they recently released. I bought a 2-pack of the Halloween masks in XL online and they are more comfortable (not as hot) than the first version masks. Sizing seems to have improved a bit, at least in the ones I received. The XL seems slightly larger than the previous XL ones I bought, not pulling on my ears as much as the first ones.

Related to masks, has anyone purchased "lipstick savers" - forms designed to fit underneath your mask and hold the mask away from your nose/mouth? Supposedly these make mask-wearing easier since the mask doesn't "suck in" whenever you breathe.
I've read a few articles online that "medical experts" don't recommend the lipstick savers because they can interfere with the fit of your mask on the sides of your face. If you don't have a tight fit, there goes your protection. A box mask might work better and have a tighter, safer fit on the sides. Have you tried one? There are several recs below from earlier in this thread. @Skyegirl1999 makes her own and also posted a tutorial for a pattern. @robinb bought a box mask on Etsy which works really well for her. The Nanoair masks are disposable box style masks -- the Today Show recommends these. They are comfortable (as far as masks go) and can be worn a few times at least (with disinfecting time in between) before being thrown away. Anyway, you get the idea...

I bought a mask from Etsy that I really like. It has a big "face box" which makes it easier to breathe. You're not sucking the mask up against your mouth when you speak. It has a sturdy nose wire that works to keep my glasses from being fogged. I wore it for hours at our primary election on Tuesday.

It is pricey, but I wanted something I could wear and talk to people all day.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/832134665/the-adjustable-breathable-mask-is-easy?
Heh, well I’m partial to the ones I make, but if you search “3D mask” on Etsy, you’ll see the two styles like in the picture I’m adding. That top, left one I circled is the one I haven’t tried but have heard others like.

The ones I circled underneath it are basically the same as the ones I pointed an arrow to, they’re just folded in half there. So maybe try ordering one of each style? I definitely prefer nose wires, for what it’s worth.

View attachment 523854

I hope you can find something you like!

I used that tutorial. I make the ones I wear 7.5 x 10 inches.

Currently, I notice that DH reaches for the Uniqlo masks the most (based on comfort), followed by his MEO mask, with Old Navy being the dependable standby. For disposable masks, he reaches for his NanoAir mask -- we don't go through these very fast, so the price works out.
I also like the Uniqlo masks the most right now (overall, they work the best in the heat/humidity and the built in filter is convenient and efficient). Next comes Everlane for softness (but no filter). And Old Navy, Vera Bradley, or Disney come in third.
What are everyone else's favorites and why?

I want to buy more Disney masks but am confused about the sizing. I am a woman with a normal sized face. To those who have purchased the new masks, what size would you recommend?

I want to buy more Disney masks but am confused about the sizing. I am a woman with a normal sized face. To those who have purchased the new masks, what size would you recommend?
I buy the L, which is a little too large, but I can adjust the fit by using ear savers. I use enamel pins on a hat or headband and loop the ear loops around twice or use the "60 Second Hack" (tie a knot in the ear loop close to the mask before putting the loop over the pin). These options also work with the XL if I grab one of DH's Disney masks by mistake, but then the fabric of the mask covers much more of my face and I have to loop the ear loops over the pins 3 times or move the pins further back.
The size M might fit if I never wash it in warm water, but it just seems too risky.

As sated above size Large. If the new masks are the same material as the Halloween ones, they run bigger than the original masks Disney was selling.

Handy tip: The Vera Bradley Disney lanyards (with the Mickey head clasp) work well as mask holders. :) Test drove this in DTD a few times at restaurants -- kept my mask from falling on the floor and being left behind.

As sated above size Large. If the new masks are the same material as the Halloween ones, they run bigger than the original masks Disney was selling.
Agree that Disney appears to have adjusted the fit on the newer masks, which do run a bit larger than the older styles.
Has anyone bought an older style recently? Do those fit better now or are they still running rather small?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter