Let's Chat!

jennasmommyinMS

Mouseketeer
I was just thinking that what we might need around here is a thread to just chat about day-to-day things. We might have something to talk about, but we don't really want to start a whole new thread for that. So maybe this is the place! I'll start off for us.

I do all kinds of things around the house, including putting in a new back door this past weekend. Well, yesterday I broke my pinkie toe at work just by walking into the bathroom. My heavy lifting chores around here are over for a little while. I'm having trouble just walking to the refrigerator now!

Oh, wow! Hope your toe heals soon! That sounds really painful.

My daughter just started dance classes! I wasn't sure I could afford them, but at $45 a month it's pretty good. I didn't cry at her first class, but I smiled extra hard when I put up her tap shoes and saw the new scuff marks on them. :) My parents couldn't afford extra stuff like that for us so it's extra special for me. :)

Ouch to the broken toe, hope it heals soon!

Not much happening here. I've decided to do an extra load of study over the Christmas break which is always fun when the kids have 6 weeks of holidays:scared: We are still planning our next trip but still have no exact dates, exact places, and for how long. I think I've found a suitable place in NYC within our budget which was the hardest bit I think. Unsure if we'll do WDW:smickey: or DL :goofy:Bit worried about the building works at DL with :chewy::darth:

When I'm not studying or trip planning, I'm doing the usual parent stuff - school runs, after school activities, washing, cleaning, cooking, gardening blah AHHH.

JennasmommyinMS, how is your toe?

Our tree is up and we (and when I say we, I mean me...haha) are slowly, but surely decorating, adding our holiday touches to the tree and the rest of our home. DS LOVES the tree! He stops and dances in front of it or sometimes I'll find him sitting quietly behind it, enjoying the lights. It's so darn cute! Our matching Christmas PJs arrived last week. I love them! I can't wait to take pictures with DS in them and to wear them to bed Christmas Eve. :)

We're hosting our first play date this week. Just one kid (my friend's 2 year old son). I'm excited to have someone over for DS to play with.

DS's car still isn't assembled. His godfather said he would come put it together. That was a week ago. :(

I hope all is well with everyone.

Oh yeah, last week I was watching Good Morning America and they reported that Winnie the Pooh is a girl. Whaaaa? Lol

My toe is slowly getting better--it would go a lot faster if I could just manage to stop bumping it into things!

I've got a batch of taco soup in the crock pot, and I'm getting things done around the house so I can sit down later and enjoy my favorite tv show tonight, Once Upon a Time. It's two hours long tonight, and I can't wait!

On Tuesday evening, I have to make a bunch of deviled eggs to take to work on Wednesday. Everyone brings something, and it's almost like we're bribing the board of directors into giving us our Christmas bonuses--so what we bring has to be good! I like doing the deviled eggs because it's easy and cheap, and everyone seems to love the way I make them.

Jenna and I actually got a little bit of Christmas shopping done yesterday, and we got some ideas on possible gifts for my granddaughters. Plus, I've got the artist working on Jenna's big gift. She collects reborn babies, and this time she wants an Asian girl. Those things are definitely not cheap, and I'm hoping that this will be the last new baby she wants!

My toe is slowly getting better--it would go a lot faster if I could just manage to stop bumping it into things!

I've got a batch of taco soup in the crock pot, and I'm getting things done around the house so I can sit down later and enjoy my favorite tv show tonight, Once Upon a Time. It's two hours long tonight, and I can't wait!

On Tuesday evening, I have to make a bunch of deviled eggs to take to work on Wednesday. Everyone brings something, and it's almost like we're bribing the board of directors into giving us our Christmas bonuses--so what we bring has to be good! I like doing the deviled eggs because it's easy and cheap, and everyone seems to love the way I make them.

Jenna and I actually got a little bit of Christmas shopping done yesterday, and we got some ideas on possible gifts for my granddaughters. Plus, I've got the artist working on Jenna's big gift. She collects reborn babies, and this time she wants an Asian girl. Those things are definitely not cheap, and I'm hoping that this will be the last new baby she wants!

Hopefully your toe will heal completely soon. Your taco soup sounds good. Do you mind sharing the recipe?

I hope you all get your Christmas bonuses. :)

Are the "reborn babies" life-like dolls? Sorry, I'm not familiar.

This is close to the recipe that I make: http://www.ayearofslowcooking.com/2008/02/original-taco-soup-crockpot-recipe.html

I use frozen corn instead of canned corn, and I just add 4 cans of whatever kind of beans I happen to have--today it's kidney beans and white beans.

The reborns are the life-like babies (Jenna hates it if I call them dolls!). This is the artist that we've used for a couple of years: https://www.facebook.com/Jackies-Reborn-Nursery-134465040071467/?ref=hl

It's definitely an expensive collectible, but Jenna loves them, and she does understand that she won't be getting much else!

Ouch to the broken toe, hope it heals soon!

Not much happening here. I've decided to do an extra load of study over the Christmas break which is always fun when the kids have 6 weeks of holidays:scared: We are still planning our next trip but still have no exact dates, exact places, and for how long. I think I've found a suitable place in NYC within our budget which was the hardest bit I think. Unsure if we'll do WDW:smickey: or DL :goofy:Bit worried about the building works at DL with :chewy::darth:

When I'm not studying or trip planning, I'm doing the usual parent stuff - school runs, after school activities, washing, cleaning, cooking, gardening blah AHHH.

Wish we had 6 weeks for a break! I have a week next week, but with fitting in dentist and doctor appointments, it doesn't feel like it!

JennasmommyinMS, how is your toe?

Our tree is up and we (and when I say we, I mean me...haha) are slowly, but surely decorating, adding our holiday touches to the tree and the rest of our home. DS LOVES the tree! He stops and dances in front of it or sometimes I'll find him sitting quietly behind it, enjoying the lights. It's so darn cute! Our matching Christmas PJs arrived last week. I love them! I can't wait to take pictures with DS in them and to wear them to bed Christmas Eve. :)

We're hosting our first play date this week. Just one kid (my friend's 2 year old son). I'm excited to have someone over for DS to play with.

DS's car still isn't assembled. His godfather said he would come put it together. That was a week ago. :(

I hope all is well with everyone.
We're putting up ours this weekend. I thought she'd leave the tree alone the old she got, but now she's into it more!LOL!

This is close to the recipe that I make: http://www.ayearofslowcooking.com/2008/02/original-taco-soup-crockpot-recipe.html

I use frozen corn instead of canned corn, and I just add 4 cans of whatever kind of beans I happen to have--today it's kidney beans and white beans.

The reborns are the life-like babies (Jenna hates it if I call them dolls!). This is the artist that we've used for a couple of years: https://www.facebook.com/Jackies-Reborn-Nursery-134465040071467/?ref=hl

It's definitely an expensive collectible, but Jenna loves them, and she does understand that she won't be getting much else!

WOW! Those dolls look like real babies!

Thanks for the recipe!

Wow, they look so real! The little one with the pamper reminds me of my munchkin in his newborn pampers. Are they flexible? Can you move them into different positions or do they stay in whatever position the artist makes them in? Very nice collectibles. They're beautiful!

Their joints do move, so you can position them in any way you like. The artist can put a magnet in the mouth so that a rigged-up pacifier will stay there. Jenna has chosen the hair and eye colors, as well as the particular kit for the new baby. The hair gets rooted in, and the little veins get painted. It takes the artist several weeks to get the work done, depending on how many she is working on at the same time. They come in different sizes--most of the ones we have are newborn girls, but the last one we got was a 3-6 month old boy. Regular baby clothes fit them, so lots of cheap newborn clothes can be bought at garage sales or clearance racks, since they never outgrow them!

Their joints do move, so you can position them in any way you like. The artist can put a magnet in the mouth so that a rigged-up pacifier will stay there. Jenna has chosen the hair and eye colors, as well as the particular kit for the new baby. The hair gets rooted in, and the little veins get painted. It takes the artist several weeks to get the work done, depending on how many she is working on at the same time. They come in different sizes--most of the ones we have are newborn girls, but the last one we got was a 3-6 month old boy. Regular baby clothes fit them, so lots of cheap newborn clothes can be bought at garage sales or clearance racks, since they never outgrow them!

Very cool. They are beautiful. Hopefully she takes really good care of them and maybe pass them down to her daughter. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!