Lets Go to Disney!!!! February 2018 updated 12/26/17

Bizzie71c

Mom, Wife, RN and Disney Lover
We said we weren't going back for a few years, but hey Let's Go To Disney (yes, AGAIN) PTR - February 2018

Hello, long time reader, first time trip reporter.

Hi! I'm Liz, a 37 year old RN. I love to travel, and my family. Happily married to my Prince Charming Chris for 15 years!! He is an electrician by day and a Race Car Driver on the weekends!! We have a wonderful soon to be 12 year old son, Carson.

We were late to join the WDW club but in 2015 for Carson's 10th bday we traveled with our niece Cami and we were hooked!!!

Last edited:
We were late to join the WDW club but in 2015 for Carson's 10th bday we traveled with our niece Cami and we were hooked!!!

Both trips we drove down and we stayed at Pop Century and loved the PCR as we call it.

November 2015 - We hit MVMCP on our first night there and it was magical and we walked on every ride, crowds were low and everything was magical

We went to legoland, and it was a huge disappointment but oh well. We checked it off the bucket list.

We did the Luau, CRT breakfast, BOG lunch, O'hana, Tusker, Hollywood & Vine Breakfast, Teppan Edo, Sci-Fi, Wolf Gang Puck, T-Rex and more. We did Deluxe Dining, this trip; because I wanted to just be able to eat where and when we wanted and it worked out nice for us.

We learned to go with what the kids wanted to do and these two loved Epcot, Disney Springs and Pin trading. We swam at the pool.

The two trips couldn't of been more different, our first trip in Nov 2015, was a whirlwind of fun.

Next Up November 2016 Trip

Last edited:
One year later in November 2016, we drove back down from OH, with our niece Marley for another WDW adventure.

Our 2nd trip was a whole different game. All of us except Carson got sick. Marley and Me Monday/Tuesday with a stomach thing, Chris Friday and the whole drive home and several days after, with what we called "The Disney Flu". We hit during Jersey Week, Veteran's Day, the end of Food and Wine and MVMCP. It was crowded, and the buses were packed and was it magical? Yes! Was it different from our first trip? Oh Yea lol. But we still loved it!!

This trip we tried to eat at different places than last trip and we did the Regular Dining Plan and paid for 2 OOP.

We did breakfast at Tusker, BOG, 1900 Park Fare. QS lunches and a lunch at Sanaa (yum, I dream of the bread service), Dinner at O'hana, Nine Dragons, Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi.

The kids and myself pin traded, we spent more time at HS this trip. Epcot was a mad house every time we were there lol.

Next Up...when are we going back????

Last edited:
My pre-trip review has slacked, photobucket now wants to charge to post pictures, so I need to figure out a different way to post pictures without paying an arm and a leg.

back to my planning, originally this trip was to be my mom (her first trip), my son and myself. However my mom has been dealing with health issues and decided now wasn't the time to go, DH said that he really didn't want to go back again when we were planning originally, he wanted to hold off until the new worlds were open, the bad crowds last time we went soured him a bit, but when I told him that mom changed her plans, and that Carson and I would be going just us, he decided that he wanted to come too lol. Well okay then, come on!!

So now here's who's going
Me (LIZ) 38.
RN, foodie, home chef and baker, crafter, photographer, sports mom, and wife of a race car driver

Favorite Park:
MK, and AK

Favorite Character:
Tinkerbelle, Ariel, Belle, Alice, Mary Poppins

Favorite Movie:
Beauty and the Beast, Summer Magic, Alice In Wonderland, Mary Poppins

DH (Chris) 38
Union Electrician, Dirt Track Race Car Driver, Hunter, Fisherman, Proud Sports Dad

Favorite Park:
HS, Epcot

Favorite Character:
Donald Duck, Mickey

Favorite Movie:
Mickey's House of Villians, Once Upon and Christmas, Twice Upon a Christmas

DS (Carson) 12
6th Grader, Gamer, Lego Builder, Football, Basketball, Dirt Track Race Car Driver

Favorite Park:
All of them lol

Favorite Movie
Star Wars, Toy Story 1,2,3, Cars 1 and 3

Favorite Character:
Orange Bird, Donald, Goofy, Oswald

WHEN:
Feb 4-10

Where:

Pop Century

Tentative Plans

Sunday
Flight lands 9am
Resort Hop
Lunch at Sanaa
Disney Springs

Monday
Hollywood Studios
FP RCR
FP Indiana Jones (we haven't seen, may swap)
FP Star Tours

Animal Kingom
Dinner - Yak n Yeti

Tuesday
Epcot
PPO Breakfast Garden Grill
Soarin
FP Test Track
FP Mission Space
FP Nemo (never rode, may swap)
Explore Worlds Showcase, QS lunch

Hollywood Studios
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Diner

Wednesday
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at The Wave
FP 7DMT
FP Haunted Mansion
FP Big Thunder Mountain

Carson wants to play the Sorcerer's Game, so we will work this in, and probably be in the park all day

Dinner at Be Our Guest

Thursday
Animal Kingdom
PPO Breakfast at Rain Forest Cafe
FP Exploration Everest
FP Dinosaur
QS Lunch
FP FOP

Epcot
Dinner at Rose and Crown

Friday
PPO Be Our Guest
FP 7DMT
FP Big Thunder Mountain
FP Space Mountain
QS lunch

Epcot
Dinner Tutto Italiano

Hi!

It looks like you got a great plan for February. I went in February 2014 and it was nice. The weather was great and the crowds were low at the beginning of the week. But I ended my trip right around Presidents' Day. The crowds arrived on the Thursday leading into the long weekend. It was crazy busy then. But I expect you will have really low crowds since you will be going way before President's Day.

So, I am curious will you be doing the dining plan this time? And which one? Deluxe or Regular?

Hi!

It looks like you got a great plan for February. I went in February 2014 and it was nice. The weather was great and the crowds were low at the beginning of the week. But I ended my trip right around Presidents' Day. The crowds arrived on the Thursday leading into the long weekend. It was crazy busy then. But I expect you will have really low crowds since you will be going way before President's Day.

So, I am curious will you be doing the dining plan this time? And which one? Deluxe or Regular?

We have the regular dining plan and will
Pay
For Sanaa lunch and The Wave Breakfast OOP. And Yak and Yeti we are Landry Member so I will Use our $25 bday credit there, so that one will be OOP too

40 Days Out. Sadly I was more excited about our trip, than Christmas. Idk why. But it just didn’t seem like Christmas this year at all my son had a wonderful Christmas. Lots of new Star Wars Lego’s in our house.

I’ve got suitcases out and going to start pulling clothes out. Carson will need to try on his shorts. Because he keeps growing lol.

FDBAB949-EE87-4EF5-8496-82C006C679E7.jpeg

Some Previous trip pics

F33B3ABD-A9A1-4069-AD69-340751F9A32C.jpeg
Me and DH

9CDB4E7E-6E8B-4D2A-A3E8-CEF17DC91FE1.jpeg

8BA40E5E-B8C3-480C-A0DB-93E795185577.jpeg

83091196-D085-4BEB-9C26-E2D072B27C1D.jpeg

281F1B51-AFA7-4FE6-8EBC-98B38F50D93E.jpeg

1480D2E5-3440-4255-AE33-3F2C31B9EE6F.jpeg

11D871B6-5712-411E-A23F-458E0A010AC1.jpeg

61909DA6-D93D-4841-94A9-B0064A5ACEB2.jpeg

36 Days Out!! It feels real now, I have designed me a few shirts to make, and ordered the actual tshirts. I do have my t-shirt lady whipping me up a trio of shirts just because the one design was a little too much for me still at this time.

We are getting our first real snow of the season here in my neck of Ohio. We may get 4 inches in the higher elevations, nothing like Erie PA has gotten but it may not be fun in am when I drive home from work, because its a Saturday AM on a holiday weekend and I drive a lot of back roads. I brought an over night bag with me, with a change of clothes and a uniform just in case I would get snowed in, it has happened before lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter