Let's try this again... Dopey 2.0 Updated 12/30

I would be interested to know what fastpasses you were thinking of getting and how close to the tiem you have to be. I have a vague plan to try to get on one or two rides during the marathon but I've no idea of the logistics involved.
It is my understanding that you can no longer book fast passes during the marathon due to the new park rules. You must scan your park ticket in order to use FPs in that park. I rode Everest during the marathon using the single rider line this year.

I always book my FPs for later in the day after the races so I have some buffer time.

Congrats on the Annual Pass ... that's pretty awesome!

Bummer that the races were short ... but you've definitely got the right attitude about it. And a shiny new 5.9 mile PR is definitely not a bad thing :)

Congrats on the Annual Pass ... that's pretty awesome!

Bummer that the races were short ... but you've definitely got the right attitude about it. And a shiny new 5.9 mile PR is definitely not a bad thing :)
Thanks!

Yeah I would have been much more upset had I run the marathon.

Congrats on being an AP!!!!!!!! Bucket list goal for real.

What a bummer about the courses being short in Milwaukee! At least you have a good attitude about it :)

We are 8 days from our FP day and I definitely need to get organized for it! Though, I did have a pretty big for me victory on Friday morning when I was FINALLY able to book our ROL dining package that I've been stalking for since July!

Congrats on being an AP!!!!!!!! Bucket list goal for real.

What a bummer about the courses being short in Milwaukee! At least you have a good attitude about it :)

We are 8 days from our FP day and I definitely need to get organized for it! Though, I did have a pretty big for me victory on Friday morning when I was FINALLY able to book our ROL dining package that I've been stalking for since July!
Thanks!

Yeah not much I can do about the course. It was still fun.

I booked RoL dining too!

It is my understanding that you can no longer book fast passes during the marathon due to the new park rules. You must scan your park ticket in order to use FPs in that park. I rode Everest during the marathon using the single rider line this year.

I always book my FPs for later in the day after the races so I have some buffer time.

Not for nothing, but if this is a rule that is going into effect ... it hasn't happened as of today. :confused3

Not for nothing, but if this is a rule that is going into effect ... it hasn't happened as of today. :confused3
Strange the new FP rules went into effect a while. Many accounts have been locked to people trying to go around the rules.

Congrats on your race & woohoo to the AP. But the real question is can you still use that 10k for a disney proof of time or did they go in & actually change it from 10k to 5.9?! You can be all fancy now & use the AP entrance, I have found it does help in the afternoons when we hop saving a few minutes getting in.
Glad your training is going good too....Are you like me dreading the cold &/or snow, crossing fingers it doesn't get terrible for Nov/Dec?

Congrats on your race & woohoo to the AP. But the real question is can you still use that 10k for a disney proof of time or did they go in & actually change it from 10k to 5.9?! You can be all fancy now & use the AP entrance, I have found it does help in the afternoons when we hop saving a few minutes getting in.
Glad your training is going good too....Are you like me dreading the cold &/or snow, crossing fingers it doesn't get terrible for Nov/Dec?
Thanks! I’m not sure if they went in and changed it I haven’t checked.

Training is going well but skipped today to due rain and I’m sick. I’m definitely hoping November and December aren’t bad.

Playing catch up today but I wasn't too far behind on yours! Congrats on an AP, I got one too for next year. Having one definitely makes you want to go more often!

I think a few of our days will over lap some, maybe we will run into each other. I'm actually eating at Chef Mickey's at 12:30 pm the day you are eating at the Wave. And I think we will both be in Epcot on the 5th.

Oh, were you able to get a ROL package? I somehow caught them right when they came out and got one for both my January and February trips.

Playing catch up today but I wasn't too far behind on yours! Congrats on an AP, I got one too for next year. Having one definitely makes you want to go more often!

I think a few of our days will over lap some, maybe we will run into each other. I'm actually eating at Chef Mickey's at 12:30 pm the day you are eating at the Wave. And I think we will both be in Epcot on the 5th.

Oh, were you able to get a ROL package? I somehow caught them right when they came out and got one for both my January and February trips.
I don’t think being an AP holder has set in yet.

Definitely! Not sure if we are keeping the wave or not. That is expo day and I’ll want to be there at a decent time.

Yes I did get a RoL dining package earlier this week. They are weird with when they release them.

Well I'm late to the party (or is this the pre-party?). Enjoyed reading last year's marathon report, so I'm looking forward to this one too! Just wanted to stop in and say "hi".

Update 10/31/17

Happy Halloween! I did not dress up this year as I had to work and go to class on this Halloween. I was also sick this week so that hindered by training a bit. I did thankfully get out for a 10 miler on Sunday though. I felt really good after that so thats a good thing. We are just days away from FP day so time to start really planning for that.

Arrival day we will have the Expo and then Magic Kingdom time in the afternoon. Hopefully get to see Happily Ever After that night since it will basically be my only chance to do that.
1/4 - 5K! Plan is to go to Animal Kingdom and dine at Tiffins with the dining package for Rivers of Light. Right after RoL its off to bed.
1/5 - 10K! Epcot after that as well as the Star Wars Virtual Reality experience at Disney Springs. Late lunch at Teppan Edo and then off to bed.
1/6 - Half marathon! DHS and Epcot that day. We will FP rides at DHS though.
1/7 - Full marathon! Right now thinking AK for at least part of the day. Maybe MK as well.
1/8 - Epcot or MK in the morning and then Disney Springs for Homecomin'.
1/9 - Maybe some morning time in MK before we have to leave.

Really the only FP I really want is Flight of Passage. Other than that it is go with the flow.

And in other news I happened to be part of today's Disunplugged Podcast!

Plans look good! I know that AK is your favorite park, so I love that you're planning to go there after the marathon - what a great way to celebrate finishing Dopey!

I haven't had a chance to watch the podcast yet (I've mostly been listening on my commute lately ... and usually like 3 days after it airs live because I can never keep up with all the podcasts), but I'm looking forward to seeing (or more liekly, hearing) your appearance on the show! That's so awesome!

Plans look good! I know that AK is your favorite park, so I love that you're planning to go there after the marathon - what a great way to celebrate finishing Dopey!

I haven't had a chance to watch the podcast yet (I've mostly been listening on my commute lately ... and usually like 3 days after it airs live because I can never keep up with all the podcasts), but I'm looking forward to seeing (or more liekly, hearing) your appearance on the show! That's so awesome!
Yeah AK is great! So far every year I believe I have been in Epcot after completing my big race. Time to change that up.

It was a lot of fun to be part of the podcast instead of just watching.

Loved seeing you on the podcast!!! You amaze me with how much energy you have for the parks after your runs...but of course you are like 30 years younger! I love going with the flow...that is what my trip this week is going to be mainly about!

Loved seeing you on the podcast!!! You amaze me with how much energy you have for the parks after your runs...but of course you are like 30 years younger! I love going with the flow...that is what my trip this week is going to be mainly about!
Have fun!

Really the only FP I really want is Flight of Passage. Other than that it is go with the flow.

Halloween was my FP day!! I was able to get FoP and Na'vi River right where I wanted both of them....I was shocked!! My other FPs did not fall into line so well as I had wanted, but I was only really focused on these new ones, so I shouldn't complain!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter